• Show me whats behind...

Was thinking of switching from my current DE
    I know devs are working on the enlightenment desktop.

Default enlightement is very dark and all the efl themes on the internet suck.
    Antergos team(along with Numix) makes some good looking desktops.
    If Antergos enlightenement’s gonna be something great looking, I’ll wait for some time.

So, just wanted to have a ‘insider’ look,
    Whats the enlightenment desktop gonna look like?
    What does it look like at present?
    Is numix beauty involved? (E19 themes, not just icons)

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• Why you got a problem with dark themes? :|

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• Hi,

It’s faaaaar from being finished. ATM it’s just using the default dark theme, I’m afraid. We’ve just changed some aesthetic things (like the bottom bar, the wallpaper, …)

Our idea is to use a light theme to be faithful to our “trademark” colors. It will use Numix icons and Numix-Frost in Gtk apps.

About an E19 theme, time will tell (but don’t hold your breath on it).

Cheers!

• @Wyn
    No problen, just personal preference. I like mix of dark and light.
    My current GTK theme is arc-darker, perfect mix of dark and light. That kinda stuff I’m talking about.

@karasu
    Oh the bottom bar… how do I spread it like windows taskbar or KDE’s bar?
    I know there’s something like ‘shrink icons to save space’ that we have to uncheck but it makes everything weird, It does spread the dock but the icons are at random places on the panel.(Talking about enlightenment from bodhi linux)

Anyways thanks its far from complete, I wont have to wait xD

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• @Yash

I know there’s something like ‘shrink icons to save space’ that we have to uncheck but it makes everything weird, It does spread the dock but the icons are at random places on the panel.(Talking about enlightenment from bodhi linux)

Yep, I know, but then you can move your bar items and set them where you desire (right click on the bar then select last option, move widgets). Here works without issues.

• @karasu said:

Yep, I know, but then you can move your bar items and set them where you desire (right click on the bar then select last option, move widgets). Here works without issues.

WooHoo! :+1:
    Thanks! :)

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

Posts 6Views 1131