• Struggling with gnome-calendar

Hi,

I’ve installed today the latest Antergos ISO on an old dell laptop (easy and fast! :+1: )

It’s the first time that I use an Arch Linux distro and Gnome 3.16… So maybe I’m just a little n00b and that’s all…

I’m trying to use gnome-calendar but I can’t add any local calendar: there is Personal (light blue) and Birthday (pink), but no option to manage color and descriptions or add new calendars. I’m missing something? I click on the calendar button in Calendar, I see the two default calendars, I can select and deselect but I don’t see any calendar setting option available.

I’ve also a Baikal server on a RasPi, I sync calendar and contacts via CalDav and CardDav with Android, Mac an iPhone, but I can’t see an option in Calendar or Online Accounts to sync CalDav and CardDav: any suggestions?

• @jeby said:

I’m trying to use gnome-calendar but I can’t add any local calendar: there is Personal (light blue) and Birthday (pink), but no option to manage color and descriptions or add new calendars. I’m missing something? I click on the calendar button in Calendar, I see the two default calendars, I can select and deselect but I don’t see any calendar setting option available.

ok, this is normal (meh…) in Gnome 3.16, I’ve to wait 3.18 for calendar management, it’s stated in the roadmap:

https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Calendar/Roadmap

for CalDav integration I can’t find anything.

• Try to install evolution, it manages calendar (including colors) and then you will be able to see evolution calendars in gnome-calendar.

calendar8 Posts 3Views 1427