• Copie Audio CD within Dolphin

Hello,

In Linux there is the fantastic option to put in Audio CD, open Dolphin and copie the files with desired format (flac, mp3, ogg etc.
    In Antergos (KDE) Dolphin shows me on the left side under Devices “Audio CD” but in the right side nothing happens, I think the files don’t load.

Whats wrong, what is missing perhaps?

• Hi,

Do you have the package cdparanoia installed?

• Yes.
    well, if there is no solution , i copie Audio CD’s with K3b.

• @atergo said:

…In Linux there is the fantastic option to put in Audio CD, open Dolphin and copie the files with desired format (flac, mp3, ogg etc. …

Could you specify exactly what distro-de are you using?

Can’t reproduce it in Dolphin with

• debian stable kde
    • debian testing kde and plasma
    • debian experimental plasma
    • opensuse tumbleweed plasma
    • fedora 22 plasma
    • arch native kde and plasma

Is there something missing in the list?

• well, made in in Kubuntu 14.04. (Kde4 - Dolphin 4.13.3)
    Options are: copie single Tracks or whole CD in .cda / .flac / .ogg or wav.

• Oops, I don’t use *buntu family. Judging from how they treat their users, Ubuntu seems to be a clone of windowz in the Linux world :-1: .

• hm, don’t know much about how there treat their users. You wan’t to show me some links to read about, for that i understand what you talking about?
    I am lucky with Linux and stop using windowz since year.
    Using a distro means for me in first way that all stuff is running without configering it til the last corner.
    Making a political statement using distro x can allow somebody who is - let me say - a little Linux Crack.
    I’ve fun to learn and figure out, but have my limit while i’m more configuring then using my desktop.
    I like antergos very much but there several things to find out before using all the stuff simply.

• @atergo said:

hm, don’t know much about how there treat their users. You wan’t to show me some links to read about, for that i understand what you talking about?..

No, no links. That is my personal impression only, not based on other opinion(s). And I can’t rid of it.

Surely, everyone is absolutely free to like (os dislike) any distro, use (or not use) anyone of them. That is perfectly OK! Everyone is free to choose what suits his/her personal needs better. There’s nothing bad with it.

It’s totally useless to discuss which distro (DE, browser) is better. It’s a pure time-wasting activity. I had no intention to initiate something similar, and will avoid any further comments on this subject from my side.

I’m sorry for inappropriately expressed personal opinion.

• Fine, thats gentle, but for me no reason for sorry, i’m relaxed as to that.
    I had no intention to… ,too.

But i’m/ was interested of reason for your personal impression.

• @atergo said:

…But i’m/ was interested of reason for your personal impression.

I’ll try to respond you privately, to not feed meaningless PROs and CONs discussions about which distro, DE, browser, etc. is worse or better, OK?

Edit

Hmm, can’t find your email address.

• me too : )
    I delete my one that belongs too this forum.
    take ***[at]***[dot]***

From @just :

Got it. Masking out your address for privacy.

• OK, enough with OT now :smile: . Getting back to topic: How to copy Audio CD in Dolphin.

Seems like I managed to reproduce Dolphin’s behaviour you describe. Using Korora 22 Selina Plasma:

koroa-22-selina-audio-copy-in-dolphin-1920x1080x557k.png

Here, I’m about to copy audio files from Jean-Michel Jarre’s AERO © 2004 album, from within Dolphin. The (legal) album consists of two disks - DVD (for home theaters) and Audio CD (for simple stereo). I’m using Audio CD here.

All tracks are available in Dolphin in many popular audio formats - wav, mp3, flac, cda, ogg. Don’t know, who or what makes all these formats available - Dolphin (with some packages) or JMJ himself.

JMJ is famous for producing the best media ever made. All his (legal) albums are full of goodies of any kind.

Is this what you’re looking for in Dolphin? Or it’s just a ready-to-copy content provided by JMJ on his original disks? I’m not a multimedia user, sorry for questions that sound stupid for you.

• Yes, it’s what i mean

Avaible audio formats are shown in Dolphin, and while choosing one and start copie, Dolphin convert the files while coping.
    The default audio-cd-format is .cda, i assume.
    I liked “les concerts in china”, btw.

Edit: I never got the controlbar in plasma5 to the right (or left) side, howtodo?

Posts 13Views 1987