• \[Solved\] Pacman XG - AUR Packages?

Hi All.

Prior Arch user here (but it was awhile back) giving Antergos a whirl. I really love it so far, but I can see that it’s going to take a little while to get used to how things are done in Arch again. Antegros doesn’t seem to add much complication at all, which is great. The out of the box Antegros experience is pretty near to what I’d aim for if I were doing an Arch install from scratch (DE and etc), so I’m really happy with it.

What steps are necessary to get AUR packages to show up in PacmanXG? I know I can yaourt from the command line, but especially while I’m getting my feet wet again I like having a GUI package manager - and PacmanXG does seem quite full featured.

But, no AUR packages show up for me…

Googling and checking the Arch Wiki didn’t give me much, so I hope someone can help.

Thanks!

• Hi All.

Prior Arch user here (but it was awhile back) giving Antergos a whirl. I really love it so far, but I can see that it’s going to take a little while to get used to how things are done in Arch again. Antegros doesn’t seem to add much complication at all, which is great. The out of the box Antegros experience is pretty near to what I’d aim for if I were doing an Arch install from scratch (DE and etc), so I’m really happy with it.

What steps are necessary to get AUR packages to show up in PacmanXG? I know I can yaourt from the command line, but especially while I’m getting my feet wet again I like having a GUI package manager - and PacmanXG does seem quite full featured.

But, no AUR packages show up for me…

Googling and checking the Arch Wiki didn’t give me much, so I hope someone can help.

Thanks!

• Hey, welcome!

Of course, PacmanXG will not show or search for all packages in the AUR, but only specific package names, or at least a partial pkg name.

You can search here for packages in the AUR as well: [https://aur.archlinux.org/][0]">[https://aur.archlinux.org/][1]

But to search for a pkg under PacmanXG, simply type in the pkg name, or partial pkg name (ex: ‘earth’ to search for google-earth) in the search box, then click on ‘Incl AUR’ at the top of the Filter Panel (your Filter Panel may be on the right, I have mine set in Settings to be on the left).

You can search again by clicking on the recycle button, or ‘All Packages’, then on ‘Incl AUR’ (which means: Include AUR in your search) again.

Hope this helps.

I’m sure you will fully enjoy Antergos. It’s basically Arch with a great Installer, and even getting better all the time. I’m sure you will also find the Antergos community helpful and friendly. Again, welcome, and hope you have a good time with Antergos!

[0]: <a href=
    [1]: https://aur.archlinux.org/

In God's love,
    †MaNNa <{{{\>< …to You all thanks and glory Lord Yeshua!

And Jesus prayed to The Father, "And this is the way to ete…

• ^^ Ah I see, I was imagining it working differently than that. Upon reading your post I realize this was rather unrealistic given the size of the AUR.

Indeed it seems to work just as you describe. I’m a bit embarassed not to have figured that out.

Thanks very much!

• @“noobforever”:gmnst0zp said:

^^ Ah I see, I was imagining it working differently than that. Upon reading your post I realize this was rather unrealistic given the size of the AUR.

Indeed it seems to work just as you describe. I’m a bit embarassed not to have figured that out.

Thanks very much![/quote:gmnst0zp]

No worries! You will never be shamed in these forums. It’s not how we do things at Antergos, All questions are always welcome, so don’t hesitate to ask

Regards,

Posts 6Views 1891