• how do I do a rollback?

The update scrwed up my browser and the MMORPG I play in it. Can I do a rollback somehow to get to the state of before the update?
    Cheers

• From the Arch wiki:

You may be able to downgrade the package trivially if an older version is stored at /var/cache/pacman/pkg on your system. (If you have not run pacman -Scc recently, it should be there.) If so, you can install that version using pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/pkgname-olderpkgver.pkg.tar.gz.

This process will remove the current package and install the older version. Dependency changes will be handled, but pacman will not handle version conflicts. If a library or other package needs to be downgraded with the packages, please be aware that you will have to downgrade this package yourself as well.

Alternatively, downgradeAUR is a simple Bash script that automates this process by checking your cache for older package versions. If necessary, it will also search the Arch Rollback Machine. You can then select a package to install. Check downgrade --help for usage.

Another tool is downgraderAUR, which also works with pacman’s log, can downgrade packages from ARM and local cache, and handles lists of packages. This tool is especially useful if your system is unstable after an update but you aren’t sure which package is the culprit

Cheers!

• @karasu said:

From the Arch wiki:

You may be able to downgrade the package trivially if an older version is stored at /var/cache/pacman/pkg on your system. (If you have not run pacman -Scc recently, it should be there.) If so, you can install that version using pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/pkgname-olderpkgver.pkg.tar.gz.

This process will remove the current package and install the older version. Dependency changes will be handled, but pacman will not handle version conflicts. If a library or other package needs to be downgraded with the packages, please be aware that you will have to downgrade this package yourself as well.

Alternatively, downgradeAUR is a simple Bash script that automates this process by checking your cache for older package versions. If necessary, it will also search the Arch Rollback Machine. You can then select a package to install. Check downgrade --help for usage.

Another tool is downgraderAUR, which also works with pacman’s log, can downgrade packages from ARM and local cache, and handles lists of packages. This tool is especially useful if your system is unstable after an update but you aren’t sure which package is the culprit

Cheers!

How do I restore a package that was generated by the AUR? I had the hplip-plugin and a general update system erased that package, wanted to have the previous version, as I recover?

• I had the hplip-plugin and a general update system erased that package

Do you mean that it was updated with a new version or it was completely deleted?

If it was deleted, you can install it again using yaourt. If it was updated I don’t think it will be available in your cache, I’m afraid.

• It has been updated, I just wanted to know where he keeps in the cache, I tried to find the cache directory but did not find the file.

• Sorry, I’ve been out of my country and without computer… :cry:

When you install a package using yaourt, it creates a directory inside /tmp, but it stores the package it builds in /var/cache/pacman/pkg (the same as pacman does). You have to check there.

Posts 6Views 1508