• Can't install or even boot properly!

Hi! I’ve been trying to install Antergos but i could not even boot the installer properly, i tried many many times…i need some help :)
    My specs: laptop Asus N550JK (dedicated nvidia gpu) with an ssd Samsung EVO 850. Currently running ubuntu and windows 8.1 (uefi). Fastboot and secureboot disabled, CSM enabled.

I had four different situations:

1. Can’t even reach the live system. Sometimes throws several messages/errors in the shell and then automatically reboots and sometimes throws other messages/errors and then nothing else happens. The listed messages are different, the are 4/5 “packs” per boot.
    2. Sometimes after the messages/errors the live system finally appears (always showing a logging error, have to login again) but the system freezes at some point. During the cnchi update, the package listing or the download process. Ctrl+Alt+F* doesn’t work.
    3. The download stops after a message: “Connection reset by peer”.
    4. A couple of times the system downloads all the necessary packages but i get this error: Can’t install necessary packages. Cnchi can’t continue.

I’m very frustrated, any help would be great. As soon as i can i’ll try boot it again and take a couple of pictures of the errors.

Sorry for my english and thanks for your time!

• @gonza

When you try to install, cnchi creates a log file named /tmp/cnchi.log

Please, bear with me, try installing again and post here this file.

By the way, the latest version of Cnchi is 0.10.19 and you can grab it from here:
    http://repo.antergos.info/iso/testing/uefi/antergos-staging/x86_64/cnchi-0.10.19-4-any.pkg.tar.xz

From the liveCD, close Cnchi, open a terminal and run these commands:

wget http://repo.antergos.info/iso/testing/uefi/antergos-staging/x86_64/cnchi-0.10.19-4-any.pkg.tar.xz
    sudo pacman -U cnchi-0.10.19-4-any.pkg.tar.xz

Then run Cnchi again and try to install.

freezes11 booting problem16 download error1 Posts 2Views 767