• Can't install or even boot properly!

Hi! I’ve been trying to install Antergos but i could not even boot the installer properly, i tried many many times…i need some help 🙂
    My specs: laptop Asus N550JK (dedicated nvidia gpu) with an ssd Samsung EVO 850. Currently running ubuntu and windows 8.1 (uefi). Fastboot and secureboot disabled, CSM enabled.

I had four different situations:

1. Can’t even reach the live system. Sometimes throws several messages/errors in the shell and then automatically reboots and sometimes throws other messages/errors and then nothing else happens. The listed messages are different, the are 4/5 “packs” per boot.
    2. Sometimes after the messages/errors the live system finally appears (always showing a logging error, have to login again) but the system freezes at some point. During the cnchi update, the package listing or the download process. Ctrl+Alt+F* doesn’t work.
    3. The download stops after a message: “Connection reset by peer”.
    4. A couple of times the system downloads all the necessary packages but i get this error: Can’t install necessary packages. Cnchi can’t continue.

I’m very frustrated, any help would be great. As soon as i can i’ll try boot it again and take a couple of pictures of the errors.

Sorry for my english and thanks for your time!

• @gonza

When you try to install, cnchi creates a log file named /tmp/cnchi.log

Please, bear with me, try installing again and post here this file.

By the way, the latest version of Cnchi is 0.10.19 and you can grab it from here:

From the liveCD, close Cnchi, open a terminal and run these commands:

wget http://repo.antergos.info/iso/testing/uefi/antergos-staging/x86_64/cnchi-0.10.19-4-any.pkg.tar.xz
    sudo pacman -U cnchi-0.10.19-4-any.pkg.tar.xz

Then run Cnchi again and try to install.

booting problem17 freezes15 download error1 Posts 2Views 821
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.