• [Solved] Mouse pointer invisible

I find it kind of impossible to install Antergos on my computer since the mouse pointer is invisible. It’s probably related to nouveau (spell?).
    Were should i post feature-requests for cnchi? Github repository? Would be wonderful to be able to do the install with keyboard only and just using tab to switch from form to form. And “Return” should go to next step. None of them are “working” today.

• Hi,

I don’t know about the pointer. Are you running it in a VM or real hardware? Do you have a nvidia graphics card? Which one?

All issues and requests should be done in Github (https://github.com/Antergos/Cnchi)

Thanks!

• @karasu said:

Hi,

I don’t know about the pointer. Are you running it in a VM or real hardware? Do you have a nvidia graphics card? Which one?
    Real hardware:

• Intel Core i7 4770K
    • 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
    • Asus GeForce GTX970 Strix 4GB
    • 256GB Corsair Force LX SSD.

All issues and requests should be done in Github (https://github.com/Antergos/Cnchi)

Will post it there then. :-)

• Hmm…the invisible mouse pointer issue is a virtualbox bug when 3d graphics option is enabled for a VM while running on a system using the Nvidia driver (or so I thought). I’ve never seen any accounts of it happening on real hardware (until now). I’ll do some googling and see what I can find out…

Cheers!

• this was with antergos minimal. tried antergos gnome iso yesterday… black screen, nothing happens. I think I rebooted like 5 times, same result. :-D

edit
    When my computer was new, I installed ArchLinux on it, so it should work. We just need to find the thing that causes the errors!
    Tried another mouse, same issue.

• Took a while, but I found a soluion. Typing this from a freshly installed Antergos.
    It was as I suspected, the nouveau (I can never spell it correctly!) driver couldn’t handle my 3x27".
    I just had to try it, couldn’t be that simple - voila! Worked like a charm!

• What was this fix? Same issue here

• @regalsma

@jkw installed nvidia drivers (the proprietary ones) instead of the open ones (nouveau).

razer2 mouse39 naga1 Posts 8Views 1921