• [solved] Impossible to finalize installation

Hi,

Today I tried to install Antergos with USB key on my lenovo X230 laptop.
    With both antergos-minimal-2015.07.01-x86_64.iso and antergos-2015.07.01-x86_64 the download of the package are very slow and at the end of the installation an error message is displayed: “impossible to install necessary packages”.

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance.

Pierre

• Some more information would be valuable.

• Which language did you pick
    • Packages
    • Automatic partitioning or manual
    • etc
  • Log file would also be helpful. It sounds like a mirror problem, but who knows. The file is /tmp/cnchi.log

Cheers!

• If the problem is caused by mirrors, then let Antergos to find 32 best ones:

sudo reflector --age 8 --fastest 128 --latest 64 --number 32 --sort rate --save /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

Run the command in terminal BEFORE clicking [Install it] button in Cnchi’s window.

If the problem persists, then, as @karasu suggests, the /tmp/cnchi.log file is the only way to figure out what’s happening.

• Thank you all for your quick reply.
    This morning I tried to install it again and for some reason everything worked again out of the box. I did not change anthing…it’s very strange.

Yesterday the installation stopped at the integrity check, I used french language, gnome desktop and let antergos partition the hard drive with the only option checked: separated home directory.

This morning anyway with the fresh install working I had some issue with french keyboard layout which I solved by adding a new keyboard in gnome parameter and delete it again after having played a lot with all the possible keyboard layout setting…It seems to be a known and common issue when I look at forum.

Thanks again

Pierre

• @pierrefreelancer said:

This morning I tried to install it again and for some reason everything worked again out of the box. I did not change anthing…it’s very strange.

No, it is not. It simply means that the mirrors, most suitable for you, are synchronized and in good health.

If there are no other problems, could you mark the topic as [Solved] ? Thank you.

• I’ve been trying to install Antergos since yesterday. I got it running with Gnome once I realized the KDE packages are producing errors. I thought I’d share.

installation199 error177 Posts 7Views 1856