• Size of instalation

hi there, i’m curious about the package size, is that almoust 10 - 20 GB?

• @Ilham-Yudha Not sure what are you asking about.

If you keep all user data files on a separate partition, then 20 G are more than enough for the / (root) partition. For any Linux.

If you are referring to download sizes then, depending on DE, they vary from 600 to 900 M. If you use the current stable release.

Finally, seems like these days Antergos devs are preparing some miracle for the users.

If you use testing ISOs, download is 2 times faster than those with the current stable release. It takes less than 10 mins to complete, against the ususal 20-25 mins. Using reflector to find the best mirrors.

It’s not only 2 times faster. It’s also 2 times smaller:

• mate
      antergos-20150813-mate-1.png

• cinnamon
      antergos-20150813-cinnamon-1.png

• gnome
      antergos-20150813-gnome-1.png

• kde4
      antergos-20150813-kde4-1.png

Right now Antergos’ testing downloads goes from 300 to 600 M.

• This post is deleted!
  • what i’m asking are the packages size, when installing antergos for the first time. I thought, i have fast connection, but it took 1 until 2 hour for finished 75%

• OK, it’s clear now.

Antergos needs to download from 600 to 900 M if you are using the current stable ISO:

http://build.antergos.com/browse/release

It downloads 300-600 M only, if you use the current testing ISO:

http://build.antergos.com/browse/testing

Installation time doesn’t depend much on connection speed. It mainly depends on mirrors state. Let Antergos find the best 16 ones for your current geographical location:

$ sudo reflector --age 8 --fastest 64 --latest 32 --number 16 --sort rate --save /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist
    [sudo] password for just: *********
    $ 

Run the command in terminal before clicking the [Install it] button in Cnchi’s window.

• Installation time doesn’t depend much on connection speed. It mainly depends on mirrors state. Let Antergos find the best 16 ones for your current geographical location:

Hopefully this will no longer be needed with Cnchi 0.10 (fingers crossed).

• @karasu said:

…Hopefully this will no longer be needed with Cnchi 0.10 (fingers crossed).

And finally much awaited Cnchi 0.10.0-1 blesses the [antergos] repo. Rock’n’roll!

• oww, ok then and thank you for the responses

Posts 8Views 2024