• Mouse/keyboard intermittently fails during installation

I’m having mouse/keyboard errors during installation. I cannot click on any of the menus unless I unplug and re-plug my mouse in. Then, it will only work until I press something on my keyboard. In order for the mouse to work again, I need to unplug it and re-plug it in. It doesn’t matter if I use the same port or not.

I’m using a MAD CATZ RAT3 mouse and a Coolermaster Novatouch TKL keyboard. I have an ASUS Z97i-plus motherboard and an intel i5 4690k. Graphics card is a RADEON R9 390, if any of these specs help.

I have Windows 10 installed on a separate SSD. I’ve turned off secureboot, VT-D, I’ve enabled full initialization during boot and tried every USB setting the BIOS i could think of. Has anyone else encountered this issue? I was having this issue on an Arch Linux installation as well, but I was able to get through installation since it was all done via keyboard.

Thank you!

• I found an even worse issue. My peripherals didn’t respond at all by the time LightDM showed up. Unfortunately, no solution was found.

• Same issues on Ubuntu and Antergos… definitely a hardware issue. I wonder if my Radeon R9 390 is the culprit. The drivers are telling me I’m running an R9 290. Maybe there’s a conflict somewhere…

• Is not a hardware issue. I hate Ubuntu, so it’s been like 5 years since the last time I used it. But now I have Manjaro, and works with no problems.

mouse crash4 keyboard crash1 Posts 4Views 1025
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.