• OFF-TOPIC: is the cinnamon interface at a buggy, experimental stage? It doesnt look too stable.

I have just moved to Antergos, but I am wondering if cinnamon interface is at a buggy, experimental stage? It doesnt look too stable.

Is the Gnome interface more stable with less known issues?

• I am using latest Cinnamon desktop and I don’t see any bugs. I am using it about 2 weeks and I didn’t had any problems.

• @Gabe-Rivers said:

…I am wondering if cinnamon interface is at a buggy, experimental stage? It doesnt look too stable…

What are you referring to, exactly? Cinnamon is smooth as silk here.

• In my experience, Cinnamon always has some quirks when a new version is released, but they fix their stuff quite fast.

As @just demanded, put your issues here, maybe we already have a solution for them (maybe not ;))

Cheers!

• I found Cinnamon to flicker really quick when openning a new window. I don’t know if that’s because of my poor integrated graphics, but it still works as expected.

• @Rolando-E.-Rolon I also use integrated gpu, HD4400 but I don’t have such problem. Cinnamon works very fast without problems.

• I was talking about the most common experience I had with Cinnamon under Fedora and Antergos. Now I installed it under Manjaro, and it crashes after 5 minutes, even while inactive and throws you back to the login screen. XD

Posts 7Views 1265
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.