• OFF-TOPIC: is the cinnamon interface at a buggy, experimental stage? It doesnt look too stable.

I have just moved to Antergos, but I am wondering if cinnamon interface is at a buggy, experimental stage? It doesnt look too stable.

Is the Gnome interface more stable with less known issues?

• I am using latest Cinnamon desktop and I don’t see any bugs. I am using it about 2 weeks and I didn’t had any problems.

• @Gabe-Rivers said:

…I am wondering if cinnamon interface is at a buggy, experimental stage? It doesnt look too stable…

What are you referring to, exactly? Cinnamon is smooth as silk here.

• In my experience, Cinnamon always has some quirks when a new version is released, but they fix their stuff quite fast.

As @just demanded, put your issues here, maybe we already have a solution for them (maybe not ;))

Cheers!

• I found Cinnamon to flicker really quick when openning a new window. I don’t know if that’s because of my poor integrated graphics, but it still works as expected.

• @Rolando-E.-Rolon I also use integrated gpu, HD4400 but I don’t have such problem. Cinnamon works very fast without problems.

• I was talking about the most common experience I had with Cinnamon under Fedora and Antergos. Now I installed it under Manjaro, and it crashes after 5 minutes, even while inactive and throws you back to the login screen. XD

Posts 7Views 995