• Browsers dont seem to support Heroes of Might and Magic online

Does anyone know why the progress bar loads to max on heroes of might and magic online and when it is loaded, no play button appears?

UPDATE: I opened the terminal and started Opera from there to monitor how the browser reacted to the online MMORPG. Once I started the online game in the browser it gave me this error message:
    ***(process:1390): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
    Using the fallback ‘C’ locale.
    [0811/190252:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(345)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process
    [WARNING:flash/platform/pepper/pep_module.cpp(63)] SANDBOXED
    [0811/190315:ERROR:native_backend_gnome_x.cc(573)] Keyring save failed: ***

This is the error message I get. Any clues how to fix it?
    BY THE WAY…I AM USING CINNAMON.

• Uhh… does the game use Flash? Which browsers did you try with?

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• yeah…it uses flash. Tried Opera, Chromium (starts loading, play button never appears) and FireFox, but redirects me to the flash player wbsite.

I have just tried to install playonlinux, so that I could use wine and play from the internet browser from there, but playonlinux installation fails.

• @Gabe-Rivers

Going on a whim here…Since I use Firefox I’ll go that route.

Have you tried installing flash?

sudo pacman -S flashplugin

I use that for flash in firefox. Restart the browser after you installed it.

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• @Wyn said:

@Gabe-Rivers

Going on a whim here…Since I use Firefox I’ll go that route.

Have you tried installing flash?

sudo pacman -S flashplugin

I use that for flash in firefox. Restart the browser after you installed it.

Just did as you told me but after login in to the game it says “we cant detect adobe flashplayer on your computer”. This is so annoying. :) It is a simple browser based online game. It should work without workarounds.

• Hi,

Try google-chrome as a last resort…

• @karasu said:

Hi,

done that. Doesnt work. It starts the game. but after loading the progress bar the play button doesnt appear. Same issue with Opera. I have also checked the acceleration and it seems to be okay. I’d love to take a screenshot but the screenshot appliction doesnt work either. So far moving to Antergos hasnt been the best experience. It is a good distro though. Well done.

• @karasu said:

Hi,

I have just opened Opera from the terminal and tried to start Heroes of Might & Magic Online and observed what it was doing and what error message it gave in the terminal.

So…here it is.
    "(process:1390): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
    Using the fallback ‘C’ locale.
    [0811/190252:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(345)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process
    [WARNING:flash/platform/pepper/pep_module.cpp(63)] SANDBOXED
    [0811/190315:ERROR:native_backend_gnome_x.cc(573)] Keyring save failed:
    "

This is the error message I get. Any clues how to fix it?

• Do you have chromium-pepper-flash installed, don’t you?

• @karasu said:

Do you have chromium-pepper-flash installed, don’t you?

Hey Karasu,

Yes, I do.

I have tried to run the game again in chromium…and at the top…always this message appears:
    screenshot.png

There is something happening here…the world “locale” appears in every error message.

Some error messages in terminal says this “locale not supported by C library”

Just tried it from google chrome too. Same thing…doesnt load properly. I have also tried to add the game from the extension store, but it cant be installed since it gives an error messagepackage is invalid. Couldnt unzip"

• @karasu said:

Do you have chromium-pepper-flash installed, don’t you?

Karasu, can you do me a favour and see if you can log into this game from cinnamon and gnome DEs: http://clb.heroes-online.com/play

I’d really appreciate it.
    Cheers

• @Gabe-Rivers

With Firefox :
    “In order to play Might & Magic Heroes Online in the best possible conditions, you need to have an up to date version of Adobe Flash Player. We have detected that you are using an older version in your browser. Please update your Flash Player through this site: http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash/

With chromium (and pepperflash installed) WORKS!

• @karasu said:

@Gabe-Rivers

With Firefox :
    “In order to play Might & Magic Heroes Online in the best possible conditions, you need to have an up to date version of Adobe Flash Player. We have detected that you are using an older version in your browser. Please update your Flash Player through this site: http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash/

With chromium (and pepperflash installed) WORKS!

Interesting. This is GNOME? I am using cinnamon DE and with Chromium (pepperflash installed) it doesnt work-

• It’s KDE Plasma (sorry, I do not have a Gnome machine atm).

But I’m positive the DE is not an issue here.

Chromium (starts loading, play button never appears)

But you can login?

After login, I can see a big glowing button that says “PLAY NOW”. You can’t reach this screen?

• @karasu said:

It’s KDE Plasma (sorry, I do not have a Gnome machine atm).

But I’m positive the DE is not an issue here.

Chromium (starts loading, play button never appears)

But you can login?

After login, I can see a big glowing button that says “PLAY NOW”. You can’t reach this screen?

I can reach that screen. When I hit “play now” and it loads but the game never really starts.

I have some updates…I reinstalled the OS and started using gnome. The game worked just fine with the new installation up to the point till I started to edit the environment file with “sudo gedit /etc/environment” so that my system language wouldnt be Spanish. I wanted it in English.

The moment I did this and changed the system language, the game started the same thing it was doing when I had cinnamon DE. So, for some reason the system language change messes with it. I have no clue why. Any clues?

• That’s really strange. Did you do anything else? IMHO, changing locale doesn’t seem to have any relation whatsoever with the problem at hand.

• @karasu said:

That’s really strange. Did you do anything else? IMHO, changing locale doesn’t seem to have any relation whatsoever with the problem at hand.

The installation was fresh. I did it twice to test this. Changing the language in /etc/locale.conf and environment seemed to mess it up. It is weird indeed.

Posts 17Views 2833