• Problem with pacman-mirrorlist being corrupted

@Forge said:

Not with that key, I hope? Could be a bit of a catch-22 for end users.

Sadly yes…

[code]error: antergos-keyring: signature from “Antergos Build Server (Automated Package Build System) [email protected]” is unknown trust
    :: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/antergos-keyring-20140915-1-any.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).[/code]

• @zoof said:

@Forge said:

Sadly yes…

[code]error: antergos-keyring: signature from “Antergos Build Server (Automated Package Build System) [email protected]” is unknown trust
    :: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/antergos-keyring-20140915-1-any.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).[/code]

Would we be able to temporarily set SigLevel = Never or something for the antergos repo in pacman.conf, just so that we can update antergos-keyring when it’s ready?

• @Blaiz0r

The solution I found was setting pacman.conf

(SigLevel = Required DatabaseOptional) to (SigLevel = TrustAll Optional)

stays like this:

# By default, pacman accepts packages signed by keys que its location keyring
    # Trusts (see pacman-key and its man page), as well as unsigned packages.
    SigLevel = Optional TrustAll
    LocalFileSigLevel = Optional
    #RemoteFileSigLevel = Required

sorry bad ingles

• @zoof said:

@Forge said:

Sadly yes…

The whole thread starts here .

• Hi everyone, It appears I forgot to update the keyring package when I renewed the keys last month 😅 Now that two of the keys have expired there’s only one key left that can sign the keyring package to allow users to update it using normal method (pacman -Syu). Alex is in a meeting now, but he will sign the updated keyring package ASAP. If you don’t want to wait, you can install it manually by downloading it (linked below) and running: sudo pacman -U antergos-key***.xz

http://repo.antergos.info/iso/testing/uefi/antergos-staging/x86_64/antergos-keyring-20150806-1-any.pkg.tar.xz

Sorry for the inconvenience!

• @lots.0.logs said:

Hi everyone, It appears I forgot to update the keyring package when I renewed the keys last month 😅 Now that two of the keys have expired there’s only one key left that can sign the keyring package to allow users to update it using normal method (pacman -Syu). Alex is in a meeting now, but he will sign the updated keyring package ASAP. If you don’t want to wait, you can install it manually by downloading it (linked below) and running: sudo pacman -U antergos-key***.xz

http://repo.antergos.info/iso/testing/uefi/antergos-staging/x86_64/antergos-keyring-20150806-1-any.pkg.tar.xz

hey, your link is not working. Any news about this issue?

• You should be able to update normally using sudo pacman -Syyu . You might have to clear your package cache though: sudo pacman -Scc

• thank you!

• Everything`s Ok! Thanks!👏

• @lots.0.logs said:

Thanks for the quick fix. The keyring package is now in the repositories. On my desktop I did intuitively the right thing using pamac. I updated the keyring first. After that I updated the other packages. On my laptop I have only Pacman-XG.

• simply updating everything failed due to the package ttf-google-fonts
    • installing pamac failed due to the missing keyring
    • in the package list the new keyring was not listed
    • finally I removed ttf-google-fonts temporarily, After that I was able to conduct the other updates including antergos-keyring. After that I reinstalled ttf-google-fonts.

I am beginning to understand, why pamac is included in fresh Antergos installations 😃

• @lots.0.logs said:

You should be able to update normally using sudo pacman -Syyu . You might have to clear your package cache though: sudo pacman -Scc

It didn’t worked that way, I need to explicitly update with sudo pacman -S antergos-keyring before proceding to the full upgrade.

Anyway, thanks for the fixes!

• @rodrigodk said:

@lots.0.logs said:

You should be able to update normally using sudo pacman -Syyu . You might have to clear your package cache though: sudo pacman -Scc

It didn’t worked that way, I need to explicitly update with sudo pacman -S antergos-keyring before proceding to the full upgrade.

Anyway, thanks for the fixes!

This worked for me, update the keyring before you upgrade your system! Thank you for the solution @rodrigodk !

• yaourt -Syy antergos-keyring
    yaourt -Syua
    Thats it. Works cool! :)

• During update the antergos mirrors time out frequently and ends message antergos.db too slow.

error: failed retrieving file ‘antergos.db’ from mirrors.antergos.com : Connection timed out after 10401 milliseconds

This is the error that shows.

• Try

sudo reflector --age 8 --latest 128 --fastest 64 --number 32 --sort rate --save /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist
  • I’ve tried:

sudo pacman -Scc

then

sudo pacman -Syy

then

sudo pacman -S antergos-keyring

but I’m getting:

error: key "6D6DDA3D2A45C7B4" could not be looked up remotely
    error: required key missing from keyring
    error: failed to commit transaction (unexpected error)
    Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded

Any help will be appreciated.

• First, I’d try to re-initialize and re-populate both Arch and Antergos keyrings

sudo pacman -S haveged
    sudo haveged -w 1024
    sudo pacman-key --init
    sudo pacman-key --populate archlinux antergos
    sudo pkill haveged

This sequence is absolutely harmless. I just ran it here to check that (again). pacman continues to work perfectly.

Second, retry

sudo pacman -S antergos-keyring

It should not return the error anymore.

• Thank you, just.
    That did the trick and updates are working find now.
    I hope this helps anyone else who’s having the same problem.

• @zeno You’re welcome. It’s a pleasure to read and answer the posts like yours - clean, precise, concise.

• Just restating what others have said, but if you update the repo db successfully, and download the package but the commit fails due to the expired signature, using pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/antergos-keyring-2015*.xz will work, since pacman doesn’t check sigs on local packages by default. That’s how I worked around.

pacman112 mirrors13 Posts 41Views 33021
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.