• Thoughts on openbox installation

While I understand that it is impossible to please everyone, I have found some issues in the Openbox installation for which I think they should be in the initial installation;

one: Although the volume icon is present, a backend program that handles a rightclick (or left-/middle click) is omitted. It links to “lxterminal -e alsamixer” while lxterminal is not installed by default.

two: Although there is an option in the OB menu to change hotkeys, the obkey util is not installed. This one is found in AUR and works.

IMHO these first two should be there because they are refferenced by Antergos Openbox.

Furthermore there could be a few extra utilities installed for, in example, choosing a new keyboard, setting a new locale, sync the clock with internet etc… If it is the opinion of the Openbox maintainers that this is common Linux knowledge it should be exlained better in the installer.

Please excuse my very shitty English

Cheers,

BootZ

Antergos: funny name, serious distro

• While I understand that it is impossible to please everyone, I have found some issues in the Openbox installation for which I think they should be in the initial installation;

one: Although the volume icon is present, a backend program that handles a rightclick (or left-/middle click) is omitted. It links to “lxterminal -e alsamixer” while lxterminal is not installed by default.

two: Although there is an option in the OB menu to change hotkeys, the obkey util is not installed. This one is found in AUR and works.

IMHO these first two should be there because they are refferenced by Antergos Openbox.

Furthermore there could be a few extra utilities installed for, in example, choosing a new keyboard, setting a new locale, sync the clock with internet etc… If it is the opinion of the Openbox maintainers that this is common Linux knowledge it should be exlained better in the installer.

Please excuse my very shitty English

Cheers,

BootZ

Antergos: funny name, serious distro

• Thank for your comments. We know the Openbox install needs some love and it’s definitely up on our list

Regards,

• It should also include clipboard manager. Currently I am using parcellite.

Posts 4Views 900