• Install Antergos alongside Windows 10

Hi, I want to install Antergos alongside Window 10 but I have some trouble. Now I am using Ubuntu 15.04 but I want to switch to Arch based distibutions. I choosed Antergos. When installing Ubuntu I choose to do manual partitioning, create 3 partitions (/, swap and /home) and waited to finish installation. When trying to install Antergos, I choosed to do manual partitioning and got this:
    WP_20150803_003.jpg
    Why Antergos doesnt sees my EFI partitions which is on /dev/sda2 ?
    Here is how my hdd is partitioned:
    WP_20150803_004.jpg

• Hi
    you need to edit each existing partition you want to use for Antergos installation and to assign the suitable mounting point string (/, /home,/boot/efi, swap). Don’t forget not to format if you want to preserve the data already existing.
    Myself, I have never seen Antergos assigning automatically mouting points during manual partitioning.

• @squid-f Thanks, I have installed Antergos and runs very smooth.

• @Tudor-Plugaru said:

@squid-f Thanks,

My pleasure :smirk:

• I was going to do so myself after running Antergos in a VM since release. But I get only a black screen when I boot from USB. Doesn’t matter if I use UEFI or not. Will update when I make progress. Going to try another USB-stick.

• @jkw try to make the USB with Rufus or using dd command

• Stupid forum refuses to upload picture no matter what size or format.

Partition table:

• /dev/sda 256G
      • /dev/sda1 ntfs 315M
      • /dev/sda2 fat32 105M
      • /dev/sda3 ext2 134M (AntergosBoot)
      • /dev/sda4 ntfs 107G
      • /dev/sda5 ntfs 472M
      • /dev/sda6 ntfs 51G
      • /dev/sda7 none 90G (This space is free’d for a Antergos installation)

I don’t know how to do the partitioning to not destroy Windows 10.
    For some weird reason Windows 8.1 totally ignored /dev/sda3 when it installed and its there since my old Antergos installation.
    It was very hard to navigate trough the installation process with #Cnchi since my mouse pointer was invicible for some dumb reason?
    And Cnchi needs tab-index support or respond to Return-key to swap to next page. :-D

• from my experience dual-booting linux and Windows you have to do this:
    If you boot in UEFI mode, then the /dev/sda2 partition if fat32 and is the /boot/efi partition. During installation you have to mount it, right-click on it, mount as /boot/efi and then click OK. DO NOT FORMAT IT. It will erase Windows bootloader.
    Them you have to create a new partition ext4 with mount point / . If you want you can create another ext4 partition with mount point /home. Then just click install. I hope I helped you ;)

dual boot21 uefi32 Posts 8Views 4076