• Xfce 4.10.2 vs the new Cinnamon 2.x

Anyone using Cinn 2.x if so, will a clean install of antergos pull in 2.x? how’s the new Cinn vs xfce, anyone here switch?

• Anyone using Cinn 2.x if so, will a clean install of antergos pull in 2.x? how’s the new Cinn vs xfce, anyone here switch?

• Hi,

Choosing Cinnamon during installation will get you version 2.x I have not had a chance to test it myself but I can tell you not one user has reported anything 2.x related in the forums. The thing to keep in mind when comparing Cinnamon to Xfce is that Cinnamon is more graphics intensive. Xfce is made to be lightweight so you sacrifice some on the look and get speed in return. Personally when choosing between the two I would go with Cinnamon unless the system is older then I would go with Xfce. Its all subjective to your tastes really. Plus, you can’t go wrong with either choice because you chose the right distro!

Regards,

• I have an old tri-core 2.1ghz amd w/6 gigs of ram and a hd2400 256mb onboard ati…
    what do you think… would cin 2.x go well…

the real question is… I have a working xfce right now, no issues, is it “worth” starting over with JUST cin 2.0 …any compelling reason? reasons?

• If you are happy with your install and it does everything you need it to then I see no reason to go through the whole process. Unless you just have that tech itch that needs scratching hehe. Cinnamon can be installed alongside Xfce safely, so if you just want to try it out that’s an option. I’d backup my data just as a precaution though!

Posts 5Views 1657