• Error when starting Antergos

No problem, that was my fault. I’ve clicked <Submit> by error, before the answer was finished.

• Alright, so I’m back. With a lot more information. If this thread is dead, I’ll just start another one.

Here is the entire command prompt it’s giving me, and the error it’s giving me.

SYSLINUX 4.07 EDD 2013-07-25 Copyright © 1994-2013 M. Peter Anvin et al

Welcome to Antergos!

To start the system enter: 'start and press <return>

Available boot options:

start -start Antergos Live System

harddisk -local boot from hard disk

hdt -run hardware detection tool

memtest -run memory test

boot:

Everything above is what I see when I try to boot Antergos. Pre error. So I just wait through this? Don’t type anything?

Everything below is what I see when I type in, start.

boot: start

early console in decompress_kernel

Decompressing Linux… Parsing ELF… done.

Booting the kernel.

starting version 221

[ 4.618342] nouveau E[ PGR][ 0000: 01: 00.0] failed to load Fuc409c

[ 4.622330] nouveau E[ PFIF0 ][ 0000: 01: 00. 0] unsupported engines 0x00000001

[ 4.622401] nouveau E[ DRM] failed to create kernel channel , -22

ERROR: ’ / dev / disk / by-label / ATERGOS’ device did not show up after 30 seconds…

Falling back to interactive prompt

You can try to fix the problem manually, log out when you are finished

sh: can’t access tty; job control turned off

And then I become the root.

I might have mistyped it, but when I put in the code that you offered me, I got this.

sh: can’t open path to iso: no such file
    she: sudo: not found

• @just So when you gave me that code, and then also told me to wait, instead of typing anything, do you want me to start the boot, and when the error starts type that in? Sorry if this makes literally no sense.

• @pleasekillme said:

start -start Antergos Live System

harddisk -local boot from hard disk

hdt -run hardware detection tool

memtest -run memory test

boot:

Everything above is what I see when I try to boot Antergos. Pre error. So I just wait through this? Don’t type anything?

Everything below is what I see when I type in, start.

boot: start

early console in decompress_kernel

Decompressing Linux… Parsing ELF… done.

My bad. Not installing Antergos everyday, I didn’t remember correctly its boot sequence.

Yes, there is a grub menu. The option to choose (and use) is the first one you mention:

start - start Antergos Live System

That doesn’t mean though, that there’s a need to type in start somewhere (on the command line). Just press Enter while this option is selected (highlighted). The selection may be changed with Down/Up cursor arrows, but the start - start Antergos Live System is selected by default. So without moving the selection just hit Enter, without typing in anything.

• @just Thank you. I’ll see if this works. I’ll keep you updated! :smiley:

• @just Alright, so I just pressed enter, and I still got the error.

You said earlier that using the Universal USB installer didn’t work with Antergos, right?

If I burnt the iso onto a disk, do you think I will get different results?

• I’m thinking about just burning it onto a disk. That’s if I have any disks. :pensive:

• @pleasekillme said:

…You said earlier that using the Universal USB installer didn’t work with Antergos, right?

Right. USB writing programs are only useful for ISOs that can’t be directly dd-ed onto USB stick. For non-hybrid ISOs.

Antergos ISOs are perfect hybrid images. They called so because there’s no difference on what media they were copied to and booted from, DVD or USB.

USB writers almost always simply damage hybrid ISOs copying them onto the sticks.

If I burnt the iso onto a disk, do you think I will get different results?

Most probably no, you won’t. If all hardware works correctly and as expected, then there’s absolutely no difference where Antergos installer is started from - from DVD disk or USB stick. The results are the same.

• plesekillme I had the same issue trying to create a boot-able USB from within windows p.c. universal USB installer did not work but after doing some research I used Rufus usb installer with default settings and it worked fine for me I hope this helps you .

Toxicode

• Under Windows, use Rufus. I did, and installed just fine. Once the welcome screen shows up, insert “start” (withouth quotes), and press enter, and nothing else, just wait for it to boot. I strongly suggest you modify your mirrorlist, since depending on where you live, installation can take over 2 hours (I left only the closest mirrors in the mirror list, and took me like 1h 40m).
    I will help if you need, just contact me.
    Good luck, and have fun. :)

Posts 30Views 8161