• Authentication Failed Errror [SOLVED]

Weird error message that started happening yesterday. Every time the update manager told me I had new updates and I clicked on it to install them it would verify the packages and start to pull them down and then give me a “authentication error” message. I have been able to work around them by using the terminal manager, which in my case is Konsole. I haven’t done anything to cause this error. Could it have been caused by one of the packages I installed earlier yesterday? Or was it caused by an Antergos update? Finally, is there a way to correct this or should I just wait to see if it fixes itself and continue installing updates through the terminal?

Cheers,

Mark

(Help me Obi-Won, you’re my only hope. 🙂

• Make sure you have lxsession installed and in Settings > Session and Startup > Application autostart that you have PolicyKit authentication checked.

• Herbie, I hadn’t changed anything and as soon as I mentioned it here the issue was resolved within twelve hours or so. My gut tells me it was something that I downloaded that screwed everything up. Not sure what but all is working.

• Glad to hear your problem got sorted out but in a way it’s not, since you really don’t know what caused the problem. Anyway, don’t look a gift-horse in the mouth… lol

pacman87 update46 Posts 4Views 2275
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.