• Arch Vs Antergos

Ok, so I have used Manjaro for awhile now & the differences between Arch & Manjaro are relatively easy to spot.
    The differences between Arch & Antergos are not so evident. Here is what I do know, are there any other differences?
    1- Graphical install in Antergos
    2-Uses its own repo in addition to Arch & AUR repos.

So what other differences exist between Antergos & Arch?

• Ok, so I have used Manjaro for awhile now & the differences between Arch & Manjaro are relatively easy to spot.
    The differences between Arch & Antergos are not so evident. Here is what I do know, are there any other differences?
    1- Graphical install in Antergos
    2-Uses its own repo in addition to Arch & AUR repos.

So what other differences exist between Antergos & Arch?

• Excellent answers! Thanks ya’ll!
    "So, to summarize, i’d say that Antergos is Arch with an user-friendly installer, and with some prechosen packages so it can be used right after it is installed."
    And that is kind of how I was seeing it.
    “But what about the normal user with a little geek inside that enjoys everything tech and is curious about Linux? Should they be turned away and pushed to ubuntu? Myself and the rest of Antergos’ developers believe the answer to that question is Absolutely NOT!.”
    & I think it is this that appeals to me.
    I have used Manjaro for about a year now. The one & only thing that has kept me from making the full switch to Arch is time.Hoenstly, I dont care about the ocaasional problem that has to be fixed. I love to tinker with my machine. But, I have a business & am a student, so I do not have the time to build my system from the ground up as in a full Arch system. I literally cannot go 3-5 days without a fully operational system.I would love nothing more than to set up my full Arch “Dream Machine”! I simply do not have time!

• I have a desktop that I use for testing distros on before putting them on any of my “production” machines. I just finished installing Antergos on that system & if things go well for a coupe weeks or so, I may replace Manjaro with it on one of my “production” machies.
    Just curious: What is the installer based on? It actually looks alot like the Ubuntu installer maybe with a little of the Fedora installer mixed in. Am I correct? Regardless, it is VERY nice!

• @“linuxpcplus”:1lsrklf5 said:

I have a desktop that I use for testing distros on before putting them on any of my “production” machines. I just finished installing Antergos on that system & if things go well for a coupe weeks or so, I may replace Manjaro with it on one of my “production” machies.
    Just curious: What is the installer based on? It actually looks alot like the Ubuntu installer maybe with a little of the Fedora installer mixed in. Am I correct? Regardless, it is VERY nice![/quote:1lsrklf5]

You have a good eye! Ubiquity did have a substantial influence on Cnchi’s UI. We wanted it to be simple and thought Ubiquity does a great job at that. As for the stuff under the hood, it was actually developed in-house from scratch. Because we modeled the UI so heavily after Ubiquity there has been the misconception that it is a Ubiquity fork, but that’s not the case. We have some nice UI enhancements planned but the focus currently is to fix the remaining bugs. I hope you enjoy your Antergos install. If you ever have any questions let us know!

Best Regards,

Posts 6Views 7880