• Antergos on Macbook Pro 12,1

I’ve run Antergos on my old 8,1 Macbook with no trouble. I’ve got a new 2015 (12,1) macbook pro and I was wondering if anyone has tried to install antergos on this hardware? The live disk image boots, but that is as far as I have explored. Hoping there is some experience / wisdom here in the forums…

• For anyone else interested in this - I took the plunge. Antergos installed with no difficulty (Dual boot with yosemite on macbook pro 12,1).
    After install, I replaced lightdm with gdm (lightdm wasn’t adjusting for the retina display), and enabled ssd trim as per: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Solid_State_Drives#Apply_periodic_TRIM_via_fstrim

Wifi works out of the box - though I read that the driver may cause kernel panics with multiple files downloading.

Installing mainline linux (4.2), resolved issues with keyboard and trackpad.

Issues I’ve encountered so far:
    No bluetooth.
    Problems with dual monitors - laptop retina, second monitor regular 1440x900 display. Elements in the second monitor as huge (because of the scaling). Attempts to use xrander as described in link are unsatisfactory - will look for alternate solution: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/HiDPI

• Thank you so much ‘watgrad’! I’m about to install Antergos on the same system, 13" rMBP 2015, I’ll let you know how it goes. Are you still running it?

• Hi
    Can you post how you have maked your partition scheme (partition types/sizes/mount points/efi) for the Antergos installation on your MacBook Pro?
    This would help me to solve my problem that i have post yesterday on this forum!

On which other things i have to keep a eye during installation?

Thanks in advance.

• @bartatantergos Sorry I haven’t yet managed to get around it and install, but I will relatively soon!

macbook pro9 Posts 5Views 3800
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.