• How to restore the Antergos grub screen

Long story short, I re-installed Antergos and then, being totally stupid, restore /etc from a restore.
    Well the uuid’s change when you format the partition and my system was a bit flaky, to say the least.
    I had problems with pamac and Authentication failing, etc, etc.
    Anyway, I installed the LTS kernel thinking it was a kernel problem with the failed to remount root and kernel file system but it was stupid restore of /etc that was the problem.
    I fixed all the problems in fstab and not the system fine
    Now the grub screen is just a plain old grub. How can I restore the really sweet looking Antergos grub display?

• Bad news, we don’t have any package to install that grub2-theme, it’s Cnchi who does it.
    Good news, you can do it yourself. Check that you have the needed files in /boot/grub/themes/Antergos-Default. If you don’t, you can download them from here: https://github.com/Antergos/Cnchi/tree/master/grub2-theme

Add this line to /etc/default/grub
    GRUB_THEME="/boot/grub/themes/Antergos-Default/theme.txt"
    And finally, recreate your grub.cfg:
    sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

That should be all… Tell us how it goes, just in case I forgot something.

Cheers!

• I edited the /etc/default/grub and uncommented that line and commented the Arch line, rebooted and TADA, Antergos Grub screen.
    Thanks so much.
    It was so easy.

Posts 3Views 1086
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.