• Can't login with lightdm

Whenever I try to login with lightdm (webkit2-greeter and antergos theme), the screen will go blank for a couple of seconds and I’ll end up on login screen again.

Here’s the log: /var/log/lightdm/lightdm.log: http://pastebin.com/gZqctT2n

I’ve been using sddm ever since I last installed antergos, I only came back to try lightdm now. .xsession-errors is a quarrel between .profile and .bashrc. I have no idea regarding anything else (yet).

• So I’ve been jumping between SDDM and lightdm for the last few days. I’ve noticed that there’s a scripts directory in /usr/share/sddm. The two files in the folder were Xsession and Xsetup. Name Xsession seems somewhat familiar — there’s a file with the same name under /etc/lightdm (no Xsetup, though). The contents of the lightdm Xsession seemed to differ from the content of the sddm Xsession. I ended up moving the two files from /usr/share/sddm/scripts to /etc/lightdm and to my delight, lightdm actually manages to login.

TL;DR lightdm package ships with a broken Xsession script. That’s why you can’t login with lightdm.

Posts 2Views 796