• Can't login with lightdm

Whenever I try to login with lightdm (webkit2-greeter and antergos theme), the screen will go blank for a couple of seconds and I’ll end up on login screen again.

Here’s the log: /var/log/lightdm/lightdm.log: http://pastebin.com/gZqctT2n

I’ve been using sddm ever since I last installed antergos, I only came back to try lightdm now. .xsession-errors is a quarrel between .profile and .bashrc. I have no idea regarding anything else (yet).

• So I’ve been jumping between SDDM and lightdm for the last few days. I’ve noticed that there’s a scripts directory in /usr/share/sddm. The two files in the folder were Xsession and Xsetup. Name Xsession seems somewhat familiar — there’s a file with the same name under /etc/lightdm (no Xsetup, though). The contents of the lightdm Xsession seemed to differ from the content of the sddm Xsession. I ended up moving the two files from /usr/share/sddm/scripts to /etc/lightdm and to my delight, lightdm actually manages to login.

TL;DR lightdm package ships with a broken Xsession script. That’s why you can’t login with lightdm.

Posts 2Views 936
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.