• How do you make sidetone louder?

Does anyone know how to make sidetone louder for the Logitech G35 headset? I was pleasantly surprised when I found out there was sidetone. This is the only distro I used that actually has sidetone and it’s GLORIOUS!

Thank you to everyone that is a part of Antergos community.

P.S. This is by far my favourite distro. I fell in love within the first ten minutes of installing Antergos.

• Hi!

I recommed to use pavucontrol you can install it with this command (in a terminal):

sudo pacman -S pavucontrol

Tell us how it goes, and thanks for your kind words.

Cheers!

• @karasu Hi Karasu! I already have pavucontrol installed and I was messing around with the settings earlier before posting this question but sadly, I can’t find out how to raise the volume of sidetone without rasing the volume of the mic capture. Any idea on how to solve this?

Thank you!

• Here http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.audio.pulseaudio.general/8263 (beware, it’s from 2011!!!) says that pulseaudio can’t control the sidetone volume but alsamixer does.

Alsamixer Is a terminal mixer for ALSA. Have you tried it?
    sudo pacman -S alsamixer
    alsamixer

P.S. I didn’t even know what a sidetone was! 😆

• @karasu Awesome, thank you so much Karasu. Alsamixer did just the trick and I am satisfied with my headset’s settings now. All I had to do was tinker with the headphone option and I got it balanced now. Thank you so much. It may not be much but here is a small way of saying thank you: http://i.imgur.com/Z3lSbPu.png

I’ve only seeded around 886 MB but I’ll let it seed much longer so other people can enjoy this glorious distro.

Is there a way that I can mark this thread as ‘solved’? Nevermind, I found it.

Thank you again Karasu!

microphone11 logitech8 headphone2 Posts 5Views 1747
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.