• Partition Table empty!

Hello!
    I´m new to Linux and really would like to try Antergos! But I’ve got a big problem - when I’m in the partition table there is nothing. No drive no partition, nothing to select.
    I put a clean 500 GB SATA drive in my pc, I first installed Windows 7, which was no Problem. When installing Windows I also created a Partition for putting Linux on later. When I was in Windows they were shown as having the format “RAW” and where not able to open in windows without formatting. I thought that was the problem and deleted the partition so now there is only unused space. But still Antergos Installer does not recognize any drive. He also does not recognize the windows partition, and when im in the Antergos file manager on Live CD (which works well, except sound) there are volumes shown, but only two of 3GB and two of 512MB - but the free space is 97GB… I`ve no idea what is wrong here and didn´t find anything to this topic… Has somebody a suggestion?
    Greets
    Alex from Germany

• Hello!
    I´m new to Linux and really would like to try Antergos! But I’ve got a big problem - when I’m in the partition table there is nothing. No drive no partition, nothing to select.
    I put a clean 500 GB SATA drive in my pc, I first installed Windows 7, which was no Problem. When installing Windows I also created a Partition for putting Linux on later. When I was in Windows they were shown as having the format “RAW” and where not able to open in windows without formatting. I thought that was the problem and deleted the partition so now there is only unused space. But still Antergos Installer does not recognize any drive. He also does not recognize the windows partition, and when im in the Antergos file manager on Live CD (which works well, except sound) there are volumes shown, but only two of 3GB and two of 512MB - but the free space is 97GB… I`ve no idea what is wrong here and didn´t find anything to this topic… Has somebody a suggestion?
    Greets
    Alex from Germany

• My apologies for not being able to reply before now. We are usually pretty fast to respond

1. Load the live cd and choose the “Try It” button. Install gparted by entering this command in gnome-terminal:

su -c pacman -Syu gparted --noconfirm

2.Since sudo is not implemented in the livecd you will need to launch gparted from the command line so it doesn’t ask for a password. Back in gnome-terminal enter:

su -c /usr/bin/gparted

3. You should now see your partitions (if they show up in file manager then they should show here). Go ahead and use the unused space you set aside to create a new partition for Antergos with the ext4 filesystem.
    4. Now you can launch the installer and proceed with install. Just click the big blue antergos logo on the gnome dash.

If you have any questions or run into other issues, please let us know. If you are unable to install after those steps, please post a copy of the these log files in your reply:

/tmp/cnchi.log
    /tmp/auto-partitioner.log --or similar? I am drawing a blank on the name at the moment lol
    /var/log/pacman.log
    /home/antergos/journal.log **create this one with command: “su -c journalctl -b > /home/antergos/journal.log”

Best Regards,

Posts 3Views 890