• Resolution Problem

Hello everyone,

I am a newcomer, and happily to say so far I am enjoying my Antergos experience. Except a… minor problem.

On Display menu, somehow [b:1w8ii9ml]the highest available[/b:1w8ii9ml] resolution is 1024 * 768. I have a desktop PC and my video card is GeForce 8500GT. Normally, much higher resolutions should be available.

Does anybody have an idea what is wrong with my system?

Thanks in advance.

• Hello everyone,

I am a newcomer, and happily to say so far I am enjoying my Antergos experience. Except a… minor problem.

On Display menu, somehow [b:1w8ii9ml]the highest available[/b:1w8ii9ml] resolution is 1024 * 768. I have a desktop PC and my video card is GeForce 8500GT. Normally, much higher resolutions should be available.

Does anybody have an idea what is wrong with my system?

Thanks in advance.

• Your graphics card should have been auto detected during installation and the appropriate driver installed. Run a full update with cache wipe just to be safe: “sudo pacman -Syyu --noconfirm --needed” If after rebooting it isnt fixed can you post your X system log (/var/log/Xorg.0.log)? Also the output of “sudo journalctl -b” and “sudo systemctl -m” Those will point us in the right direction on this

Regards,

• In the case of nvidia I still believe installing the proprietary drivers is the best choice for now seeing how poor nouveau is due to the lack of documentation. The drivers are on par with Windows so they should fix any problem.

Posts 5Views 1263