• Cnchi freezing on New User Screen

I am trying to install Antergos Minimal 2015.06.03 on my laptop. Cnichi works fine until it reaches the screen to enter information to create your account then freezes. There is no way to get out of it except for rebooting the laptop. This happens every time I try to install Antergos. The Laptop is an Asus N550JK.

• Please @sibenj can you try it again with logs and verbose on? like this (in a terminal):

sudo -E cnchi -dv

and then post here the log file (/tmp/cnchi.log) so we can try to guess what’s going on.

Thanks!

• @karasu said:

Please @sibenj can you try it again with logs and verbose on? like this (in a terminal):

sudo -E cnchi -dv

and then post here the log file (/tmp/cnchi.log) so we can try to guess what’s going on.

Thanks!

Cnchi is started with verbose logging enabled by default :wink:

• @karasu I cannot post the log file because the system completely freezes up, so I do not know how to access it. If you have any advice please let me know.

• @sibenj

OK, a bit ugly, but you can run Cnchi from a terminal, with the command I posted (make the terminal window as big as possible first). Then simply take a photo with your mobile phone of the output and post it here.

Thanks a lot.

• cnchi-log.jpg

Hopefully this is readable. If not, let me know,
    Thanks for all the help.

• @sibenj

Sorry I didn’t see your post earlier…

Well, sadly there’s nothing wrong in that log, so I have no clue what’s going on.

To rule out things, could you try it with the “normal” Antergos release? (not the minimal one).

Thanks.

• I tried with the normal release, but it freezes after the New User Screen now. Not sure why. The logs do not show any errors either.
    I also tried with the new July ISOs but I am still getting the same error.

cnchi105 Posts 8Views 2102