• Update Manager not accepting password [SOLVED]

I’ve never had this problem before now. The update manager pulled down a bunch of updates and something must be corrupted because I can login with my current password but the updated manager will not accept this same password when it requests one for authorization. How do I fix this?

• Are you sure the keyboard language is set correctly after you login? CAPS LOCK activated? Never heard of such an issue as well…

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• I am positive everything is set correctly. I know this because I logged in to PacmanXG with the same password.

• exact same problem since about 3 hours ago

• @Houtworm I’m so glad I’m not the only one. My temporary workaround was to use PacmanXG. Since it allowed me to login I was able to download everything I couldn’t with the Update Manager.

• i am just using sudo pacman -Syu in the meanwhile:) i bet this bug is solved within 48 hours:)

• Had the same problem last night. Used PacmanXG in meantime. Problem seems to have been solved a few hours ago, Pamac now accepting password again.

• @Xler8 It seemed to be solved today and the update manager is working again. So, you were right. The problem was resolved quickly. Thank you Antergos team for staying on top of this issue.

Posts 8Views 1659