• Not possible to login after lock screen

I have the problem, that I often can not login after the screen is locked. I only see a black screen and nothing happens if I press a key or cleck a mouse button.

Is this a known problem? Have can I solve this? In which log file, I can have a look for this issue?

• Check that you have configured light locker using the light-locker-settings application (included by default). All options related to screen locking/blanking in GNOME settings should be disabled as light-locker will manage them. Finally, verify that light-locker is being started a boot (use the system monitor to check it). Let me know the result.

Cheers!

• I can not start the program from the GNOME Shell applications menu nor from the terminal.

$ light-locker-settings 

** (light-locker-settings.py:20157): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
     /usr/share/light-locker-settings/light-locker-settings/light-locker-settings.py:61: Warning: The property GtkButton:use-stock is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
    self.builder.add_from_file(glade_file)
    /usr/share/light-locker-settings/light-locker-settings/light-locker-settings.py:61: Warning: The property GtkSettings:gtk-button-images is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
    /usr/share/light-locker-settings/light-locker-settings/light-locker-settings.py:61: Warning: The property GtkAlignment:top-padding is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
    /usr/share/light-locker-settings/light-locker-settings/light-locker-settings.py:61: Warning: The property GtkAlignment:left-padding is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/share/light-locker-settings/light-locker-settings/light-locker-settings.py", line 707, in <module>
    main = LightLockerSettings()
    File "/usr/share/light-locker-settings/light-locker-settings/light-locker-settings.py", line 101, in __init__
    self.init_settings()
    File "/usr/share/light-locker-settings/light-locker-settings/light-locker-settings.py", line 463, in init_settings
    if self.check_running_process("xfce4-power-manager"):
    File "/usr/share/light-locker-settings/light-locker-settings/light-locker-settings.py", line 222, in check_running_process
    for pid in psutil.get_pid_list():
    AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'get_pid_list'
  • @BuZZ-dEE An update will be available soon. Let me know if the error still occurs. Thanks.

• @lots.0.logs said:

@BuZZ-dEE An update will be available soon. Let me know if the error still occurs. Thanks.

Though not using it myself, for your own informarion @lots-0-logs , it works :ok_hand: after today`s update

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• I can start the light-locker-settings program again. Should the original problem also be solved with the new program version? I have not tested that, but I will look, if it occurs again.

• @BuZZ-dEE Please let me know the result. Thanks.

• Not sure if this is related, but my login problems stopped after disabling lightdm, installing gdm and enabling gdm.
    Before doing so, on 64 bit Antergos, I would not be able to log in after a the screen lock triggered. On 32 bit, the screen would go white after screen locking and I would not even see a login screen. Maybe the new install isos improve this. I just stopped using lightdm instead of re-installing.

• I have the same issue with my Antergos install in VirtualBox 5. All updates applied as of today, same error.
    The error does not occur only on screen lock, but on login too. I have to click randomly in the white space, then the login appears and I can login.

• @jkw The white-screen in Virtualbox is a known issue. It has something to do with the vbox video driver. As for white screen on bare metal hardware, that’s something I have not been able to reproduce on my own machines and with out seeing it, there’s no way I can fix it :frowning:

• @lots.0.logs said:

@jkw The white-screen in Virtualbox is a known issue. It has something to do with the vbox video driver. As for white screen on bare metal hardware, that’s something I have not been able to reproduce on my own machines and with out seeing it, there’s no way I can fix it :frowning:

I don’t have the issue on my desktop either. I could only reproduce it in VirtualBox. :-O

• This problem is not fixed. What can I do to debug this problem?

• @BuZZ-dEE You must ensure that you have disabled all settings related to the lock screen in GNOME System Settings and then use Light Locker Settings app to configure your lockscreen. If the issue still occurs then please post your journal and lightdm logs immediately following an occurrence.

• @lots.0.logs said:

@BuZZ-dEE You must ensure that you have disabled all settings related to the lock screen in GNOME System Settings and then use Light Locker Settings app to configure your lockscreen. If the issue still occurs then please post your journal and lightdm logs immediately following an occurrence.

@lots-0-logs I have never setup something by myself for the lookscreen and somethimes it works and sometimes not, so it seems to me that this could not be a setting, because then the setting must be sometimes on and sometimes off.

• I just reinstalled to try to correct this issue, and I am still seeing it on a fresh install. I have checked Light Locker and GNOME settings.

• I have the same issue, tried all the above sugestions without success :/ (not reinstall) I’m on a zenbook prime. Also tried to disable light locker and use gnome tools instead, same issue.

• Bumping and also an update:

I noticed that my screen isn’t actually blank after logging back in following a lock- it is simply VERY dark. I can move my mouse up and activate the window switcher, but it’s obviously not usable in a practical sense. My brightness keys are ineffective, though.

Any suggestions?

• Hi guys, sorry about the delayed response. I am still not able to reproduce the issue. I have two systems (one intel and one nvidia) and I have tested it on both of them. I guess the best place to start is with logs. Grab them after an occurrence of the issue and post them here. Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Dustin

• Not sure which logs you needed, so here’s all my Xorg and lightdm logs.

Process:
    Lock via gnome-shell system tray.
    Log back in. Screen is dark.
    Open panel terminal and zip logs.

• @ace214 said:

Process:
    Lock via gnome-shell system tray.
    Log back in. Screen is dark.

Not in my case. In my case, I can not login again, because after locking the screen, the screen stays black. Also then I can not change the virtual console (tty).

Now, the screen locking does fail in almost every case.

@lots-0-logs Why do you use the program light-locker for locking the screen?

lockscreen11 screen17 light locker5 lightdm96 lock23 Posts 24Views 8557