I have recently installed Antergos (with Arch as a user background) on my Asus R704VC / Asus R75VC laptop and tried to get Teamspeak3 running when I noticed something:
The only microphone it picks up is the internal (utterly crappy) one. I am blessed/cursed with a unified headphone/microphone jack, so I thought hulking through alsa settings would be a good shot. After quite a while of googling and reading, it appears that alsa itself is not very comfortable with that stupid HD Audio standard.
So far my Codec has been identified as an ALC269VC Realtek codec, and after some further research I found two “fixes”.
The first being to actually modprobe for the right HDA Model, appending model=headphone-mic post options snd-hda-intel to my audio.conf.
Another apparent fix was said be using hdajackretask and map the “Microphone” input to an unused pin, which for me would have been 0x18.
No success, either.
And after a whole nother 4 hours of searching, I ended up here asking if there are any more ideas floating around.
If there are any logs that would help you, I’d be happy to comply - though I have no idea which ones would be the most useful, thus no logs are appended on this OP.