• [SOLVED] HPLIP - error 5012

Hi there,
    A problem with my wifi printer (officejet 6700 all-in-one) hplip & dependencies are ok, I can print when I install, but after reboot, any print attempt leads to an error (5012 or 700 ).
    I changed the URI for : hp:/net/Officejet_6700?ip=192.168.0.24 (my HP’s static IP) but it isn’t solved.
    I checked permission as well, seems ok too

:~$ groups asatysco2
    sys lp wheel network video audio storage scanner autologin users

Any hint ?

• Verify that you have cups enabled to start at boot:

sudo systemctl enable org.cups.cupsd

• I entered your command & restarted, no change.
    Could it be a privilege problem ? When I use the GUI print interface asks for “unlock”.
    I have to enter my password to activate the printer, but as soon as I start a test print, it stops to be activated.
    When I launch the troubleshooting stuf, it says that printer stops with “rendering completed” (cannot copy the text)

• Hmm…I havent owned a printer in years so I am not well versed in this area. Perhaps someone else will chime in to provide some insight 😬

• Have you tried using USB to begin with to rule out that cups works as intended to begin with?

• @jkw said:

Have you tried using USB to begin with to rule out that cups works as intended to begin with?

http://forum.antergos.com/topic/2090/trying-to-add-hp-printer-after-fresh-installation/5

• Cups works : USB works with not problem.
    I retested : wifi works when installed.
    It stops functionning @ first reboot.
    I also have a Manjaro on a twin computer : no such problem. This very computer prior install (untill 10 days ago) was Xubuntu 15.10 : no problem either.
    I suspect a privilege issue, but where ?

• Did you do as @lots.0.logs suggested?

• Yes I did, but it wasn’t it.
    I set a fixed IP for my printer, so I tried to change it.
    While checking the change by calling my IP in my browser, I saw that when you set a fixed IP, you have to force the DNS.
    It just happened that my provider’s DNS where obsolete.
    Just inputting fresh DNS solved that problem.
    I just don’t get two things :

• why did the print start & interrupt.
    • why, could I print from another computer (Xubuntu)

By the way, I learned during the process that groups management has changed : https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Users_and_groups#Pre-systemd_groups
    thus I amended whith gpasswd -d [user] [group] for lp,scanner & sys.
    My up to drate groups is :
    wheel network video audio storage users autologin

• Whenever the message displayed on screen , turn off your printer immediately and turn on back again. If problem persists, see the Hp Officejet 6700 manual to fix the issue as there may be a problem inside the printer.

• @cdbadhgb again 2 years old treat without relevance for today…

Posts 11Views 3530
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.