• Black screen after unlock

Hi guys, just installed Antergos on a Lenovo L450. Everything seems to work well. However, every time I unlock the screen, it goes black (extremely dark but I can just make out my desktop underneath it).

This is very annoying, as the computer becomes unusable after unlocking. I tried to manually increase the brightness of the monitor, but it doesn’t seem to be related to that, as the brightness after lockout if maximum, but yet the screen is black.

Happy to provide more info, just not sure what’s needed or where to look. Any help would be appreciated.

• Hi,

Which desktop are you using?

• I’m using gnome shell 3.16.2. This is basically a fresh antergos install with all updates.

• Please post your system logs after gathered after an occurrence of the issue. You can find instructions for gathering system logs at the top of this forum category. Cheers!

• Hi guys,

I have solved this by removing lightdm and installing gdm.

• Hey, sorry to raise a dead thread. I have had the same problem, and was hoping someone could tell me how to go about removing lightdm and installing gdm.

• @5uper

From a console (CTRL+ALT+F2):

sudo pacman -Rnsc lightdm
    sudo pacman -S gdm
    sudo systemctl disable lightdm
    sudo systemctl enable gdm
    sudo systemctl stop lightdm
    sudo systemctl start gdm

Next time do a search in the forum, I’m positive this has been discussed before.

• That information is also available on the Wiki.

Cheers!

Posts 8Views 1809