• Installation Stalls on Dell Inspiron, Corei3, 4GB RAM

Installation progresses to a certain percentage (different for every attempt) and then stays there indefinitely. Cnchi doesn’t quit, doesn’t notify any errors; it simply says installing but does not progress beyond that point.

• Maybe a poor internet connection? Are you connected wireless? If so, I would give it another try via ethernet…

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• @anarch Tried using ethernet, too, 5 times and no less. No luck. Same result. And the internet connection isn’t slow - using a dedicated leased line. All together 15 attempts so far spread over a week. No luck. Extremely frustrating… This is no way for an upstart distro to prosper.

• @AnimeshKarn I had similar problem, are you using a live-USB? My installation stalled at a random point when downloading packages, so I thought it was my connection or maybe slow servers. But my connection was fine and the servers are fine. I just had to use another flashdrive, and when possible, I find that using dd is better than unetbootin and similar. I would try with a good, fast 4-8 gb usb-drive. Try and tell us! Antergos is worth the try!

• @guillermohs9 said:

I find that using dd is better than unetbootin and similar.

Unetbootin is NOT recommended. It is in the “what not to do” list of the Antergos wiki. If this is the case, take a look, here…

http://antergos.com/wiki/install/create-a-live-usb/

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• Thanks for pointing that out. It’s still described on the Arch Wiki… (outdated perhaps) but definetely a must not…

• Tried running Cnchi with --debug flag?

• I am having a similar problem. I finally had to start Antergos by using the safe start kernel option. Then when Cnchi starts, I have to press ESC and I get the warning that the graphical installer will quit and I say OK, and I go into the text installer.

When I progress in the text installer I will come back to Cnchi but when it does I go to a blank white screen with only a mouse pointer. I’m able to get out of this by logging out, using Ctrl, Alt, and Backspace keys which kills the Xorg graphical server, and then the graphical server starts up again. Usually after the third try I can get into Cnchi.

I have succeeded in installing GNOME but I cannot log in. I can get to the command line but I find NO command line network configuration script like Ceni for Debian or cnetworkmanager, so I cannot use sudo pacman to check that I have installed all of GNOME.

Manjaro is good but it leaves marks on the console so the console is difficult to read.
    Arch Linux is time consuming to install and get networking going.
    Antergos is nice but it isn’t installing all the hardward drivers that are needed for my IBM Lenovo.

David

• @djringjr said:

Antergos is nice but it isn’t installing all the hardward drivers that are needed for my IBM Lenovo.

You should mention that to IBM, not Antergos Crew.
    We can only add stuff to Antergos that is OpenSource, if some brand doesn’t support Linux kernel in general, that’s not Antergos fault.

installation212 stalling3 Posts 9Views 2069