• Installation fails - "Can't install necessary packages. Cnchi can't continue."

I’m new to antergos & arch but i’ve been working with debian & mint for a few years. I’m trying to install Antergos (antergos-2015.06.03-x86_64) and it fails at the end of the install of the installation with the following error message:

“Can’t install necessary packages. Cnchi can’t continue.”

I chose the Cinnamon DE and the firewall package, other than that the install is default. My disk layout is a 1TB HD on sda and a 512GB ssd on sdb. The HD on sda is used for data storage but I’ve created a 64gb partition at the end for OS testing and that’s where i’m trying to install Antergos. My existing Linux and Win8.1 partitions are on sdb. I’ve unchecked the box to install grub, I want to just update grub from my exisiting linux os after install.

What logs can i provide to assist? Any other ideas?

Thank you

• Hi,

If you could grab the installer log after the failure occurs that would be helpful. You can find it in the /tmp directory. Thanks!

• Here it is: /tmp/cnchi.log

Let me know if there’s anything else I can provide.

• Thanks. I see the problem. You should be able to install it now :)

• @lots.0.logs I tried make an Antergos’ fresh instalation yesterday and also it was happened to me . I’m using other distro now , but I would like to return to Antergos . I 'm not sure that the problem was exactly the same , but , if something was wrong , is it safer to try install now ?

• @Rodrigo-Virmond If you chose Cinnamon as your desktop then yes, you should try again as the issue has been fixed. If you chose another desktop when the failure occurred I’ll need to see the installer log to identify the cause.

Cheers!

• @lots.0.logs Yes it was this time . And about install KDE4 with pt-BR , is it possible now ?

• @lots.0.logs

Thanks! The installer is now working for Cinnamon.

Posts 8Views 1964