• ALSA channels mute when headphones are plugged/unplugged

Hello everyone,
    Installed Antergos about 2 weeks ago, and i’m loving it so far. But i can’t seen to make the sound of my notebook to work well.
    Everytime i plug/unplug my headphone, the sound stop working and i have to go to alsamixer and unmute the channels so i can hear anything.
    After some search on the web i found something here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PulseAudio/Troubleshooting
    It says to uncomment a line in /etc/pulse/default.pa.
    But that didn’t work for me. Can anyone help me?

• Wait… are you looking for solution of ALSA problem under PulseAudio troubleshoot page? o.O

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• Let’s just forget about the page :D, my problem is still unsolved. Whenever i plug or unplug my headphone the alsamixer channel go mute. Can anyone help me?

• Don’t know the solution to this one but ALSA has given me other outstanding problems in arch, a switch to pulseaudio should get the problem solved…

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• Hi,

I use pavucontrol. It’s annoying because I have to change the output device each time I connect my headphones, but I do not do it that often.

sudo pacman -S pavucontrol

Cheers!

• Thanks fellows!

alsa6 soundless2 headphone2 Posts 6Views 1977
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.