• Unable to upgrade to hplip 3.15.6-1

Hi, all
    I just received an upgrade to hplip 3.15.6-1.
    The problem is that it cannot get it upgraded because, as pacman inforns me, I am missing hplip 3.15.5 and it cannot resolve dependencies. BUT my current edition is 3.15.4-4 and the missing package is not in the repos.
    What can be done? Is unistalling hplip and re-installing it a good idea to reach the new package?❓

• Update
    I looked a bit deeper. On runnimg the hp-setup proccess, there was also an hplip plugin 3.15.4-4 installed (from the AUR) along with the hplip 3.15.4-4 package. That plugin was the one which was asking me for a 3.15.5 upgrade, but could not find it to build and made the upgrade impossible.
    So, I removed the said plugin and I was able to upgrade. But now, there is a communication error with my printer, so, I still cannot use the printer.
    I tried refreshing my devices with the hplip tool, but with no success. I also tried to scan for new devices (again via the hplip tool), it found them, but when I tried to add them up, it asked me for a username and a password in CUPS. Never happened to me before and I don t know what these are. I am much too tired for now to keep searching. I ll come back tomorrow and if somebody has come up with some idea/s, it will be much appreciated…

• Try this: uninstall it, delete the package from your pacman cache, refresh your databases with pacman -Syyu, and finally install it again. If that doesn’t work you can downgrade to the previous version using the downgrade command (installable from the AUR). Let me know how it goes!

• @lots.0.logs said:

uninstall it, delete the package from your pacman cache, refresh your databases with pacman -Syyu, and finally install it again.

Thanks, Dastin! I have already done it with no success,quite a lot of times. I found a temporary workaround, though. I was able to get it work by adding the printer via the Gnome Settings Center. Temporary meaning 😄 I just managed to have an operating printer alone, without its other functions, which I don t really use much and I can do without till I have a thorough look at the Arch wiki,

Posts 4Views 1481
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.