• Crashes are occuring during GKSU / GKSUDO usage

I’ve installed GKSU / GKSUDO a week after installing Antergos. I’m not a hundred percent sure but I’ve been observing that the system is more unstable and more apt to crash when I use GKSUDO or GKSU. I’ve gather logs and made a descriptions after my last crash.

Here is a external link to the log file: logs-2015-09-06_22-52-21-_crashed_during_gksu_usage_BIG_CRASH.7z

As the forum server didn’t accept such a large upload and I had to use mediafire, the 7z is encrypted. I’ll uplad the password in a moment.

I do not think these crashes are related to lightdm, light locker or power management as they have occured when I was running GDM as well.

Description of crash that I wrote after it’s occurrence:

This crash occured during the usage of gksudo. I’ve observed alot of crashes of the type ever since I installed it shortly after installing Antergos. The crashes seem to come and go.

This one was particularly bad. I had nautilus opened with GKSudo and I wanted to GIMP a png in the root domain so I had been using Gimp as well.

I wanted to listen some music so I switched to another desktop, Alt+F2: nautilus

The Shell just froze. Usually I can do Ctrl-Alt-f2 to switch to terminal when Gnome Shell gives up the goes, gather logs and try to restart X (pkill X) or just put in a reboot command to avoid a hard reboot. Ctrl-Alt-f2 did not work, nor ctrl-alt-f3, nor ctrl-alt-f4 etc. All I was seeing was the same frozen screen. Mouse could still move.

The log gathering for this crash to place after I had rebooted the PC and logged back into lightDM.

• Here is the PW for the log files I’ve uploaded on mediafire:
    logs-2015-09-06_22-52-21- crashed during gksu usage BIG CRASH pw.txt.7z

• Hi,

I have an easy answer, don’t use gksu / gksudo ;) gksudo is deprecated (or at least it was), gksu should use polkit, but I really don’t know.

You should use polkit, so to start nautilus with root privileges run:
    pkexec env DISPLAY=$DISPLAY XAUTHORITY=$XAUTHORITY nautilus

You can create an alias to ease typing (add it to your bash profile):
    alias pkexec='pkexec env DISPLAY=$DISPLAY XAUTHORITY=$XAUTHORITY'
    and then just type:
    pkexec nautilus

BUT, what you experimented was a total froze, so it’s likely to be a graphic driver/kernel problem. I’ll check your logs if I have the time (I have a big TODO list atm).

Cheers!

• @karasu

Didn’t realize it was depricated. I’ll try pkexec. Thanks.

gksu3 gksudo2 Posts 4Views 1654
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.