• Show your desktop

@fernandomaroto said in Show your desktop:

Last time i tested vivaldi i felt it much slower than opera, that’s why i still use the last one (since windows xp).

That’s what I thought at first, until I read this article. It turns out that Vivaldi can be just as fast as Chromium (or even faster) if you just disable some of it’s more intensive settings. I followed much of the advice listed there, but obviously not nearly all of it!

I add here some extensions too, like ublobk origin and popup blocker which impoves a lot the browsing speed and security.

I used the same ones too!

• @Keegan said in Show your desktop:

That’s what I thought at first, until I read this article. It turns out that Vivaldi can be just as fast as Chromium (or even faster) if you just disable some of it’s more intensive settings. I followed much of the advice listed there, but obviously not nearly all of it!

i guess i can give it a try again then…
    Cheers!

• @fernandomaroto said in Show your desktop:

i guess i can give it a try again then…

I can only hope you meet with the same results as I did. Good luck!

• Where did you get that desktop picture from?

• @joekamprad said in Show your desktop:

@Serense nice icons!

Thanks! They are Paper icons (inherits with Papirus and Numix-Circle).

• @Serense Thank you for the link.

• Getting more and more pleased with KDE KF5 and Plasma!

KDE Plasma

Finally finished my Fish function to blur Konsole/Yakuake as well!

BR,
    Larksyrm

• @larksyrm Out of curiosity, what is running your CPU at 20% load?

• Hey, I use Vivaldi too @larksyrm😀. It’s such a great browser (at least in my humble opinion).

• @izznogooood Probably my Win10VM VM or a Chromium app (I app-window a lot of work crap) gone berzerk!

/larksyrm

• @Keegan Vivaldi is really awesome and powerful and it’s my preferred browser. I really like their take on the whole privacy discussion with Google also (see Vivaldi founder in the press lately) . The only thing I miss is the ability to make apps of sites like in Chromium!

/larksyrm

• @larksyrm said in Show your desktop:

The only thing I miss is the ability to make apps of sites like in Chromium!

Same here! But Vivaldi’s still awesome😀.

I really like their take on the whole privacy discussion with Google also (see Vivaldi founder in the press lately) .

Ooooh… could you post a link to it when you have the time? That sounds like a really interesting article!

• By default.
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text

• @Keegan said in Show your desktop:

@larksyrm said in Show your desktop:

The only thing I miss is the ability to make apps of sites like in Chromium!

Same here! But Vivaldi’s still awesome😀.

I really like their take on the whole privacy discussion with Google also (see Vivaldi founder in the press lately) .

Ooooh… could you post a link to it when you have the time? That sounds like a really interesting article!

Vivaldi founder google

;-)

• Thanks @larksyrm! (The reason I had asked was because I was intersted in which article you had read, in the event that it may have contained more / different information than I was able to find in my own searches).

Thanks though!

• Gorgeous desktop, @tuxnot! (Although my opinion may be a bit biased😄). I think I may have to try out your background😀.

• Testing Deepin on Manjaro at the moment until I can pass my endless hatred towards LightDM and manual partitioning (I’ll get over some point and install Antergos spin). I almost like this version as much than previous Deepin… almost. Let´s say I could use to this. 🙃

0_1506253578305_DeepinScreenshot_20170924141451.png

Posts 605Views 407262
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.