• Any plans to bring LXDE to cnchi?

Howdy!
    I was wondering if you guys were planning to bring LXDE to cnchi. Or being so close to XFCE you decided to keep it the way it is?
    Thanks.

• I think Antergos` Openbox is LXDE using a plank dock and the openbox window manager. Am I wrong?:question:

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• @anarch nope just openbox. it does have a few lxde apps with it.

• @megaman said:

nope just openbox. it does have a few lxde apps with it.

Hmmmmmm
    "Openbox is the standard window manager in LXDE,[6] and is used in Linux distributions such as CrunchBang Linux,[7] ArchBang (similar to CrunchBang, but based on rolling-upgradeable[8] Arch Linux instead of Debian), Lubuntu,[9] TinyMe[10] and Trisquel Mini.[11]"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Openbox

Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500

• but lxde is DE. when you boot antergos openbox nothing lxde is booting as far as i know.

there probably isnt much to lxde though just the panel and a few other apps. i know openbox is the windows manager for lxde though.

i guess the best way to put it is lxde needs openbox but openbox doesnt need lxde.

• Well, I was actually replying to the question of the topic. " Any plans to bring LXDE to cnchi?". As @karasu pointed out here…
    http://forum.antergos.com/topic/2330/hey-guys-new-antergos-user-not-new-to-linux/4
    he got most of our Openbox version setup from Crunchbang. Since “Openbox is the standard window manager in LXDE, and is used in CruchBang” , I should assume that Antergos LXDE does exist in Cnchi.
    I used to run Lubuntu with openbox long time ago and the visual similarity with my Lubuntu experience (I have only watched Antergos Openbox on youtube) looks pretty much the same

• i guess it depends how someones openbox is setup. tint2 is very versatile and can bring many looks. i think you should come over to the openbox side @anarch

:wink:

what DE are you using now?

• @megaman said:

tint2 is very versatile and can bring many looks

Ohhhh, yes!:smile:

@megaman said:

i think you should come over to the openbox side @anarch
    what DE are you using now?

I updated my signature, so it shows my DE:thumbsup:
    But, I cannot come over to openbox…As a true believer of guru Richard Stallman, I trully want to run a complete GNU/Linux system, not just its kernel.
    Got stack with «GNU Network Object Model Environment». GNOME:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    Intro-freeSoftwareAndLinux-GnuLinux.png

• funny i was just reading a article about him this morning. lol no smarthphones for that guy also. hes hardcore! :smile:

openbox isnt free though?

i used to be a huge gnome fan but 3 just isnt my thing. i prefer xfce or mate over it now. just because i prefer the old interface more.

• @megaman said:

openbox isnt free though?

It sure, is, just kidding! By the way, Stallman was here in Greece, some 2 weeks ago. So, I had the chance to meet him personally. Interesting person, no matter how much of what he says (and follows himself) one agrees with…
    Going back to Gnome3. . As default, it is not my thing, either. But it has got so many extentions to tweak it, that it becomes almost unrecognisable!!!
    Στιγμιότυπο από 2015-06-10 23-24-13.png

• well you never know on the license agreements. there are lots of different kinds.

thats cool you got to meet him. im sure he is very interesting. what distro does he use do you know?

if as default its not your thing what do you like about it over something like mate xfce or cinnamon?

• @megaman said:

if as default its not your thing what do you like about it over something like mate xfce or cinnamon?

I just like its core structure. And what I don t like I can change. Besides that, it is something modern, not trying to look like what Windows looked like 20 and more years ago, like the ones you mentioned.
    The way I have configured is easy to use too. Super Key brings my apps, nouse roller changes my workspaces, the launcher autohides and I have aclean desktop as I like it to be.And I have a lot more extentions to do almost everything I could ask for.
    Didn`t you like what you saw in my screenshot?:smile:

• @megaman said:

thats cool you got to meet him. im sure he is very interesting. what distro does he use do you know?

I do. But you really wouldn`t want to know!!!:laughing:
    https://stallman.org/stallman-computing.html

• @anarch screenshot looks good but ill stick with openbox
    :bowtie:

• @megaman said:

@anarch screenshot looks good but ill stick with openbox

Who asked you to ditch your favourite DE, ehhhh?
    You can choose any DE as long as it`s…
    images.jpg
    :heart:

lxde5 cnchi104 Posts 16Views 2868