• Hey guys new Antergos user, not new to Linux.

I’m really liking this distro. I have used Linux since the Ubuntu 7.04 realese and Sabayon 3.3. I have tried all the majors and some of the minor distros.
    I guess you can say I am a distrohopper that happens to install and eventually get tired of ‘said’ distro.
    Currently I am Homeless in the Linux world. I guess an Archbang refugee if you will. I LOVE the openbox version of Antergos. Nicly done. I will post more as I have questions if Google can’t answer it.

• WHO hasn’t been a distrohopper?

• have they stopped working on archbang?

• @megaman

No, they have not. There was an intention to leave systemd and use openrc with QT only in Archbang, but that ended bad:

http://bbs.archbang.org/viewtopic.php?id=5004

To tell you the truth, I’d be delighted if some sort of “merging” would be possible with Archbang (they could manage our Openbox version and name it something like Antergos Archbang). Even though I got most of our Openbox version setup from Crunchbang I’ve always thought that they’re doing a fine job with theirs.

Cheers!

• @karasu said:

To tell you the truth, I’d be delighted if some sort of “merging” would be possible with Archbang (they could manage our Openbox version and name it something like Antergos Archbang). Even though I got most of our Openbox version setup from Crunchbang I’ve always thought that they’re doing a fine job with theirs.

That would be great! More developer manpower on a distribution means more innovation and evolution.

• @karasu have you contacted them about that? i think that would be a great idea also :+1:

i could never get their installer to work to try them out but from what i saw on the live cd it looked good.

• i prefer AntBang :+1:

• @megaman said:

i prefer AntBang :+1:

huuum think I might be some sort of perverted guy ><

Long Live Antergos
    [Major Linux Problems on the Desktop or Why Linux is not (yet) Ready for the Desktop, 2016 edition] (http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html)

• They are using void linux now to avoid using systemd.

Now they’re maintaining two isos, one based on Arch and one based on Void.

• Kudos to you @karasu and to all the developers here for your initiative!!! If only more people in the Open Source community were moving towards collaboration and not flame wars, Linux would have been light years forward in innovation.

Posts 13Views 2305