• Well, it's not off-topic :) Just wanna thank you :)

It’s a great distro! Been trying linux distros since the first half of the last decade. I never quite uderstood all the hype surrounding ubuntu. It’s always good to have several alternatives, and that’s one strong point, among others, in favor of Linux and its ideals. But ubuntu is, from my experience, so laggy, buggy and, regardind the UI experience, I don’t get it. Unless you memorize all those keyboard shortcuts, the simple task of looking for an aplication and clicking on its link might not be that simple at all. But, let’s not talk anymore about ubuntu
    My prefered linux flavour (may I call it this way?) used to be Fedora, with GNOME. But then I found these beautiful friendly arch based distros. And I couldn’t be more satisfied. Stable, fast and not overcrowded with apps when installed. Only the necessary. If I want more, I’ll just install them using pacman or its graphical frontend. By the way, very good one ! Congratulations to all the core team and its community of supporters. As soon as I can, I won’t mind making my contribution. I’m not an computer’s experts but, whatever necessary, it will be a pleasure to support this great OS.

• It’s a great distro! Been trying linux distros since the first half of the last decade. I never quite uderstood all the hype surrounding ubuntu. It’s always good to have several alternatives, and that’s one strong point, among others, in favor of Linux and its ideals. But ubuntu is, from my experience, so laggy, buggy and, regardind the UI experience, I don’t get it. Unless you memorize all those keyboard shortcuts, the simple task of looking for an aplication and clicking on its link might not be that simple at all. But, let’s not talk anymore about ubuntu
    My prefered linux flavour (may I call it this way?) used to be Fedora, with GNOME. But then I found these beautiful friendly arch based distros. And I couldn’t be more satisfied. Stable, fast and not overcrowded with apps when installed. Only the necessary. If I want more, I’ll just install them using pacman or its graphical frontend. By the way, very good one ! Congratulations to all the core team and its community of supporters. As soon as I can, I won’t mind making my contribution. I’m not an computer’s experts but, whatever necessary, it will be a pleasure to support this great OS.

• You are very much welcome

Best Regards,

• Thank you very much for the kind words.

Keep up with the excellent work!

I’ve been learning with time some interesting things we can do in bash and, besides the excellent graphical environments, I find the shell very powerfull and even doing things on it we usually do in a graphical context, like playing audio or video files. It’s very interesting and gives me even more enthusiasm to learn about command line and its tools. Of course, this is the right OS where I can have fun and learn at the same time

Thank you again

• Bash is a very powerful tool. To this day I am still learning new things bash can do!

• @netscaper001 you seem to be just like me, or me like you (^_^) I also started like five years ago with Ubuntu, then changed to Fedora and now in Antergos. And I like Arch for the same reasons, simplicity, light and without loads of apps.

"When you stare into the abyss the abyss stares back at you." (Friedrich Nietzsche)

• Each day I learn new wonderful things about Linux. Bash is so wonderful. I’m a complete newbie but I already learned some interesting things that I couldn’t do with a graphical tool.

Noxbru, regarding your message, it’s really interesting because, as I see, we have the same opinion of what a nice distro should be, at least for us

• The terminal in general is very powerful, although sometimes you can end with commands a line and a half long

And apart from just the commands, you can also use other terminals, or other shells.

"When you stare into the abyss the abyss stares back at you." (Friedrich Nietzsche)

• Didn’t know about w3m. It’s very cool !

Thanks a lot Noxbru

• This is very nice post thanks a lot…!!!

Decrease your exam stress by using our latest Braindumps[/url:1ar6esf7] and bes…

Posts 10Views 2825