• cannot find 'code' application for posting on board.

Hi. I’ve noticed that since the board was updated to use newer board configurations to how it was previously, there are certain functions unavailable. Such as the code function and quote function. Where are these functions? Are these functions still available or have they gone missing permanently? Perhaps these functions are somewhere just that I cannot seem to find them. All I see are the bold, italic, web-link, smiley, photo, and upload functions.

thanks in advance for your response.

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

• @Modisc said:

Hi. I’ve noticed that since the board was updated to use newer board configurations to how it was previously, there are certain functions unavailable. Such as the code function and quote function. Where are these functions? Are these functions still available or have they gone missing permanently? Perhaps these functions are somewhere just that I cannot seem to find them. All I see are the bold, italic, web-link, smiley, photo, and upload functions.

thanks in advance for your response.

The quote button is beside the upvote post button. It’s invisible till you move your mouse over the area.

[Alt text

Code is three ticks before and after what you want in code format. " ``` "

It's still there

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• @Modisc inline code ,

block code

and

quote anything

functions are still present.

for inline code surround the text with GRAVE ACCENT character. i erroneously call it “back apostrophe”, or “single back quote” character. it is the “`” one.

to include a

block
    of
    code

shift the line’s text by 4 (four) spaces to the right.

finally,

it
    is
    possible
    to
    anything you want

by preceeding the text with the > character.

one time there was a link to NodeBB’s user manual somewhere, but i’ve lost it and can’t find it anymore.

• @just

I follow this: http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax

Nodebb uses markdown after all.

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• Thank you, Wyn. It’s the user’s manual i was missing. Very useful. Bookmarked. Thanks again.

Posts 5Views 2660