• wine not loading program

Have been trying to load a Windows program via wine. However, hasn’t been loading recently. Not sure why. I think that there was an update recently via pacman. Historically, Wine never had a problem until recently.

[code][[email protected] ~]$ wine --version
    wine-1.7.44[/code]

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

• Out of curiosity, what’s the program you are trying to run?

• Hi,

Maybe the program no longer works with the latest wine version (sometimes this happens).

It’s good practice to check this site: https://appdb.winehq.org

And yes, knowing which program are you trying to run would be helpful :grin:

Cheers!

• @Modisc Use Wine Stable instead. Its Wine 1.6.2-3

• @Modisc i had same problem i think its a same lib affecting wine and skype, check solution in skype thread, it helped me

• the program is “e-sword”. Type of program doesn’t really matter as this program hasn’t had update in quite a while. I know it’s Wine.
    Works well on other linux distros with Wine installed. Have tried the following with subsequent result (Read this in the skype thread):
    [[email protected] ~]$ sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/lib32-qt4-4.8.6-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
    [sudo] password for frankenstein:
    loading packages…
    error: ‘/var/cache/pacman/pkg/lib32-qt4-4.8.6-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz’: could not find or read package

Said program not listed at winehq. But it works well as it has historically.

I did not do: “sudo pacman -Scc” as I know this would have cleared cache. Hence not having done it.
    Have not yet tried the Wine stable. Before I try the stable via yaourt, just looking for other ideas. Also, will the install from yaourt overwrite the current one? …would hate to have 2 Wine’s installed.
    Thank you in advance for your responses.

EDIT: Not sure what might be happening. There was another update for wine. Have tried to run said program via terminal. Output is as follows:
    [[email protected] ~]$ wine -e-sword
    wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00020000 at address 0x7ff8e0010bc7 (thread 0013), starting debugger…
    fixme:ole:RemUnknown_QueryInterface No interface for iid {00000019-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
    fixme:ole:RemUnknown_QueryInterface No interface for iid {00000019-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
    fixme:dbghelp:elf_search_auxv can’t find symbol in module
    err:service:service_send_command service protocol error - failed to write pipe!
    fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"MountMgr" failed to start: 1053
    wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00020000 at address 0x7f945086fbc7 (thread 0024), starting debugger…
    err:service:service_send_command service protocol error - failed to write pipe!
    fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"PlugPlay" failed to start: 1053
    wine: Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x00000000 at address 0x7f004f9336d7 (thread 002a), starting debugger…
    err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"winemp3.acm": libmpg123.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
    fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyIpInterfaceChange (family 0, callback 0x69e6d901, context 0x713dd0, init_notify 0, handle 0xfde7a4): stub
    fixme:iphlpapi:CancelMibChangeNotify2 (handle (nil)): stub
    wine: configuration in ‘/home/frankenstein/.wine’ has been updated.
    wine: cannot find L"C:\windows\system32\-e-sword.exe"
    "

Said listed program is in the .wine folder. Ran program via Applications which then displayed a " Program Error" popup. However, the program did load. I don’t think it’s entirely solved. Current Wine version as of today’s update is “wine-1.7.44-2”

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

Posts 6Views 2473