• \[SOLVED\] Installation error

I’m trying to install on VirtualBox and I receive this error after choosing my partitioning:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “/usr/share/cnchi/src/pacman/pac.py”, line 116, in do_refresh
    db.update(force=False)
    alpm.error: unable to update database, pm_errno 0 (unexpected error)
    : do_refresh in /usr/share/cnchi/src/pacman/pac.py:111

And then the installer quits. I did try the CLI installer as an alternative but after it runs I get a message that it has been successfully updated and to restart the installer but I am never able to restart the installer.

any ideas?

Cheers,
    B

• I’m trying to install on VirtualBox and I receive this error after choosing my partitioning:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “/usr/share/cnchi/src/pacman/pac.py”, line 116, in do_refresh
    db.update(force=False)
    alpm.error: unable to update database, pm_errno 0 (unexpected error)
    : do_refresh in /usr/share/cnchi/src/pacman/pac.py:111

And then the installer quits. I did try the CLI installer as an alternative but after it runs I get a message that it has been successfully updated and to restart the installer but I am never able to restart the installer.

any ideas?

Cheers,
    B

• Hi there. Sorry to hear you are having issues with installation. The error looks like it could be a problem with an Arch mirror that is out of sync. Try updating the mirrorlist file by commenting out the first mirror and uncommenting one of the others with:

su -c 'nano /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist'

Then refresh the databases:

su -c 'pacman -Sy'

If that does not fix it, post the logs from /tmp/cnchi.log & /var/log/pacman.log. Oh, and about the CLI installer. You can launch it after it updates with terminal command ‘/arch/setup’

Regards,

• Thanks for the info … not sure if changing the mirrors was what worked since I discovered I was also having a proxy issue (needed to configure for http_proxy and HTTP_PROXY) and the GUI installer ran like a charm.

• Hi,

I have the same problem: trying to install Antergos in a virtualbox but in the network where I am there’s a proxy and the GUI installer can’t access the internet to download packages.

Please, can you tell me how can I set the proxy to let the GUI installer to work?

Thanks in advance!

• Not sure that it will work in this situation but you can change (or set up) your proxy settings in [b:3tktrvxb]Settings -> Network -> Network Proxy[/b:3tktrvxb].

Arvis Lācis (@arvislacis)

• Not sure that it will work in this situation but you can change (or set up) your proxy settings in Settings -> Network -> Network Proxy.

That didn’t work but I solved in another way.

After you start Antergos in a Virtual-Box:

[*:34x6q37q]Close the Cnchi GUI
    [/*:m:34x6q37q]
    [*:34x6q37q]Open a terminal and switch in super user mode:

\# su

No password is required.
    [*:34x6q37q]Manually set the proxy:

\# export http\_proxy="myproxy:8080"  
    \# export https\_proxy="myproxy:8080"  
    \# export ftp\_proxy="myproxy:8080"  
    \# export HTTP\_PROXY="myproxy:8080"  
    \# export HTTPS\_PROXY="myproxy:8080"  
    \# export FTP\_PROXY="myproxy:8080"

[*:34x6q37q]Launch Cnchi GUI installer from the terminal:

\# cnchi

Now the GUI installer is able to download packages!

Posts 7Views 4206