Thanks in advance for any help. When attempting to lock the screen or switch to another user, i get a white screen with a black mouse cursor. As a work around, i’ve disabled “locking” in the light locker settings. I usually just switch to another terminal using function keys and reboot when this happens.
- When locking the computer i get a white screen with a black mouse cursor.
- When trying to use the “switch user” from gnome in the top right, nothing happens.
- When running “dm-tool switch-to-greeter” from command line, it also drops me to the white screen with black mouse cursor.
- This is an ASUS laptop g2s-extreme with nvidia geforce 8600m gt 256MB.
- Using NVIDIA drivers 340.76
- Installed 64bit antergos with the testing build iso, gnome, and all extra options except the uncomplicated firewall.
- Because of a bug in clutter with nvidia drivers, i added CLUTTER_BACKEND=x11 to /etc/enviroment. The bug was preventing maps, totem, and some other apps from opening. I’ve undid this tweak also, but I still get the problem. Could this issue be causing my locking problem?
- Software i’ve installed from the default setup. Chrome, Steam, Citrix, Oracle Java, tn5250j. Possibly missed a program here or there.
Maybe i’m completely off base, but i think the problem may be with the greeter, light-locker, screensaver, nvidia?
Let me know what logs you want, and i will provide them. If you want a log, let me know if you want me to reproduce the problem then copy of the log or just give you logs as is. Thanks