• Using legacy folder colors

if you lke the old beige folders more than the yellow-orange ones, there is hope for you. You can use the folders from the legacy (older) edition.

First get the legacy icons from git hub and put them in the right place
    git clone https://github.com/numixproject/numix-icon-theme-square-legacy.git
    cd numix-icon-theme-square-legacy
    sudo mv Numix-Square-Legacy /usr/share/icons/

Now edit the index.theme file for non-legacy Numix Square
    sudo gedit /usr/share/icons/Numix-Square/index.theme
    On line five, have Inherits=Numix-Square-Legacy,Faenza
    Click save
    Numix Square should now be using the legacy folders

Numix Square Legacy itself is vintage (!!) Antergos icons, but there are some sizing errors in Cinnamon with some icons for some reason (don’t think it is true for other DEs). But the folders work perfectly fine and that is all you are using from the set here.

Maybe there is a much simpler way to do this, but this is the only way I could get it to work. This also works for any other icon set if you want the folders from it only.

• Hi, thanks for sharing. I’m sure it will be helpful to other users. However, this type of content really belongs on the Wiki. I don’t mean to discourage you from contributing content in the future, its quite the opposite actually. I encourage you to add this content and any other useful content you like to our Wiki here: http://antergos.com/wiki

Cheers! :smile:

• Not sure how the wiki works. Is it is modeled after the arch wiki?
    Is it better to contribute to general articles or just have a lot of specialized ones?

I was thinking this was so specific no one would find it or look there for it. Except if it was part of a larger article that already existed like on icons. And writing the article on icons itself would be probably beyond my capability, unfortunately.

• Our wiki is very young so it does not have many articles. The larger, more general articles found in a wiki don’t typically start out as such. More often than not, they are the result of merging many smaller, specialized articles that were written over time. It is very easy to add an article on our wiki. Simply register, verify your e-mail, log in, and click “New Article” on the sidebar. Let me know if you have any trouble :smile:

Posts 4Views 1323