• [SOLVED] change keyboard layout on login screen

Hello all

I just started to use Antergos on my laptop and I really enjoy it so far. I wanted to use something different than other major linux distros and being more on the bleeding edge side. I am not disappointed at all ! Thanks for your work !

To complete my installation, I need to fix what I have found to be a classic bug across the linux distros : "the keyboard layout on the login screen remains an US one, ignoring the setup made in the DE"
    To fix that, the work around is apparently to add the command “/usr/bin/setxkbmap lang_code” in an initialization file. For instance, for Linux Mint, this command has to be added in the file /etc/mdm/Init/Default
    What is the equivalent file for Antergos Gnome DE ? I have been looking around for the answer without success so far ; sorry.

Thanks for you support !

• You can add the command to /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf as the value of the following configuration option:

#greeter-setup-script=

Be sure to remove the # symbol from the front of the line so that it looks like this:

greeter-setup-script=/usr/bin/setxkbmap lang_code

Cheers!

• @lots.0.logs : Awesome, it works perfectly ! Many thanks ! :clap:

• You’re welcome :smile:

• @lots.0.logs Hi. I tried to change the status of my post to Solved but I didn’t succeed. I might be missing something obvious here but how to do it ? Just add [Solved] at the beginning of the title or is there a button /option for that ?

Thanks

• Just add [Solved] at the beginning of the title ;)

• There is actually a button for it, but your post has to be marked as a “question” first. I created a script that automatically marks new posts in the Technical Issues category as “questions” but it doesn’t work 100% of the time (I havent had time to debug it). You can always change the status of a top using the “Topic Tools” dropdown menu. I already took care of this one, so no worries :smile:

Cheers!

login keyboard2 Posts 7Views 3766