• Getting efi error when booting [solved]

Hi, I am getting the following error when booting.
    EFI stub: ERROR: failed to read file.
    This is me base system, awesomely stable until last boot. I am writing from me phone! Any ideas?

• @guillermohs9 said:

EFI stub: ERROR: failed to read file.

What recent changes or system actions did you make/take prior to this issue coming up?

• Just update via yaourt -Syyua (last updated yesterday morning) . And using netgui (gui to netkit) for academic purposes. Some browsing but nothing more. Im trying to boot somehow to cat the logs. Is there a way to use cnchi or the antergos live cd to restore the bootloader? I think I was using gummiboot…

• You can use the live environment to chroot into your installation. Then you can try regenerating your initramfs and grub configs.

su
    # Install arch-install-scripts
    pacman -S arch-install-scripts
    # Mount Antergos Root
    mount /dev/sdxX /mnt
    # Mount EFI
    mount /dev/sdxX /mnt/boot
    # Chroot into your installed root
    arch-chroot /mnt 
    # Generate kernel/initramfs images
    mkinitcpio -p linux
    # Generate grub config
    grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
    # Exit Chroot
    exit
    # Unmount partitions
    umount -R /mnt
    # Cross your fingers and reboot ;-)
    reboot

• I will try that as soon as i can. Would that also overwrite gummiboot with grub2?

• I assumed you were using grub. You can disregard the grub command. Use this one instead:

gummiboot --path=/boot install

• It worked perfectly! Thanks lost.0.logs! I have no idea what could have happened… should I try to look for yesterday’s logs? The only thing I noticed when booting now is that there are no random wallpapers in lightdm’s background, just black; not a problem though 😛
    Could it have been the updates? This is my first rolling-release distro as a base daily-use system. I’ve always been a debian or debian-based distro user before.
    Thanks a lot!

BTW: for downloading Antergos, and making a live usb, I was using my girlfriend’s pc, with Windows in it. After failing to create the bootable usb with unetbootin, linuxlive, yumi, universal usb installer, rufus, and even a windows implementation of dd, the one software that worked was USBWriter, from sourceforge. I just want to leave this here for any users struggling with this issue.

Posts 7Views 3358
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.