• Installing arch-based system without bootloader

Hi. I am wanting to install another arch-based system on my laptop which currently has Antergos installed. Currently, Antergos controls the grub for the multi-boot system currently installed. For example, when wanting to install a Debian based system (such as Ubuntu) with out a boot loader, the user only needs to type into Terminal ‘ubiquity -b’ and the install begins without a bootloader.

I have gone to the Arch Wiki and I haven’t really found anything there that is relevant to installation of another Arch system without a bootloader. If I install the other ARch system, that new install of that Arch system will then ‘take over’ the grub which I don’t really want. My preference is to just have Antergos control Grub.
    Any way for this to happen? I do understand that I can use ReFind but I don’t want to use that.

I have also Googled for an answer but havent’ found anything either using that route.

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

• What is the other Arch based distro?

• It’s KaOS.
    Do you know or are aware of how to install another Arch based distro without bootloader so that, that newer OS install shows up in Antergos’s grub once Grub is updated afterwards?

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

• It really doesn’t matter that the distro is Arch based. When it comes to Grub, your options are limited to those provided by the distribution’s installer. Surely they must have an option to skip bootloader installation? I recommend you post a question in their forum to find out for certain.

Cheers!

Posts 4Views 1626