• Mate volume control

I am using mate DE but I have a problem with the default mate volume applet.
    Currently I am using volumeicon.

** (mate-volume-control-applet:2314): WARNING **: Connection failed, reconnecting...

** (mate-volume-control-applet:2314): WARNING **: Failed to connect context: Connection refused

** (mate-volume-control-applet:2314): WARNING **: Connection failed, reconnecting...

** (mate-volume-control-applet:2314): WARNING **: Failed to connect context: Connection refused

• Perhaps @MichaelTunnell will know something about this 😬

• I am not sure why this would happen. @lots-0-logs I actually don’t use MATE as my main DE, I just test it out every now and then. I actually like to test all of the builds in Antergos to find any bugs that need to be found.

@I-sty have you tried replacing the applet with a different volume applet?
    How long has this been happening? Did it start after making an update to your system?

• Thank you your replies.

https://github.com/mate-desktop/mate-media/issues/60

pulseaudio 
    E: [pulseaudio] core-util.c: Home directory not accessible: Permission denied

• @Mikaela I tried the chown command but the owner of my home directory is root. It is not changed :(

• Try:
    sudo su
    chown -R username:users /home/username

mate61 sound55 notification14 volume10 applet6 Posts 6Views 3591
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.