• Google Music or Local Player?

im not totally sold on the whole cloud idea but i have to admit google music is a great service. most my friends use itunes but i think google music is a much better product.

they just updated the UI today on google music and it is smooth :+1:

i find myself not using a local player as much anymore for my music and just streaming from the clouds.

how say you? google music or local player?

[poll title=“Google Music or Local Music Player?”]

• Google
    • Local
      [/poll]
  • I use Spotify and foobar2000.

Spotify to find new bands.
    foobar2000 to keep myself a library of bands I enjoy.

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• i was wanting to setup a poll but cant seem to get it to work? :confused:

• This post is deleted!
  • @Wyn said:

I use Spotify and foobar2000.

interesting using a windows app with all the great music players on linux?

• @megaman said:

@Wyn said:

I use Spotify and foobar2000.

interesting using a windows app with all the great music players on linux?

I love foobar2000 for how small and skinable it is.

http://www.foobar2000.org/

I7 [email protected]/32GB Ram/3440 x 1440 + 1440p/EVGA 1080 FTW/512GB SSD/2TB HD/Antergos Base w/ Plasma

• For a great CLI music experience, you can try cmus and, my current solution, mpd and ncmpcpp as a frontend. Both of these have great entries in the Arch wiki that detail install and configuration.

• I subscribe to and use Google Music. I like that I can upload music I already own to be able to listen to anywhere (great feature especially if you’re using the non-subscription version) and I also like that I can sync over the air to my phone and save things for ofline use without having to have a usb cable.

Works great in Linux in the browser, and since I seldom need access to my music on a non-internet connected computer, I really don’t use a music application on my machines anymore. I do keep an external hard drive with all my music in my laptop bag just in case, but I don’t use it much at all now.

• @Myk-Robinson probably my favorite feature is when uploading if they have it in the google store it auto adds and you dont have to wait for the upload. not to mention all the free music they offer you can add to the library.

it really has become my main player on my machine. im in the browser so much already anyway.

Posts 9Views 1811